Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to figure out what these wrenches are for??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to figure out what these wrenches are for??

I got these from an auction in abundle of tools. I was trying to figure out what they are used for? Hopefully someone here can help me out. Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Gunther357
    I got these from an auction in abundle of tools. I was trying to figure out what they are used for? Hopefully someone here can help me out. Thanks
    Ratcheting tubing wrenches for tightening up the nuts on tubing type fittings.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

gunther, i know what the wrenches are, and what they are used for.

i don't think that you need them

mark, knows what they are.

i'll take them off you're hands.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
        gunther, i know what the wrenches are, and what they are used for.

i don't think that you need them

mark, knows what they are.

i'll take them off you're hands.

rick.
        i just did

now i have a complete set including the the 7/8'' and 15/16''. most common are the 5/8'', (used for 3/8'' compression nuts)and the 15/16''( used for 5/8''compression, angle stop nuts.

i beat you to it mark

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Got the wrenches from ebay. They are in great condition-brand new! Just not sure of the relevance of the flavored condoms that came with them.

Mrs. Seat Down
          Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-30-2006, 12:30 AM.
          phoebe it is

Comment

If you are working with Swagelok or Parker tube fittings then the 9/16, 11/16, and 7/8" would be the most popular in the set for 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" double ferrule compression tube fittings.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Gunther357
              first time i sees it too

Comment

I can tell you what these wrenches are absolutely marvelous for:- Any job where you can only get a fork spanner on, but the nescessary force demands a ring spanner. Loosening the fittings on car brakes, where you often end up with "round hexes" is a joy if you have these wrenches. Pipe & tube rep or maintenance is a completely different ball game, if you are the happy owner of this set. My only gripe, is as usuall, that I can't get them metric! (I live in Norway) but OK, this applies to a lot of Ridgid's products.

Comment

Working...
                X