X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ABS in Commercial Buildings

10 story apartment building here,all plastic..foam core no less...amazing how differant things are,from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Comment

Originally posted by UA22PLumberdude View Post
      10 story apartment building here,all plastic..foam core no less...amazing how differant things are,from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
      Even through two hour envelopes

STONE AGE !!!

Comment

Something that is starting to catch on in multi family buildings in my area is XFR PVC.... Supposedly it has a 1 hour burn rating, but I dont buy it.
        West Trail Mechanical Ltd
        Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
          Something that is starting to catch on in multi family buildings in my area is XFR PVC.... Supposedly it has a 1 hour burn rating, but I dont buy it.
          I'll bet in ten years it or something similar will be the standard in commercial.Labor for N/H is considered too expensive.Union lobbiests are trying to hold out.First plastic fire sprinklers,next CPVC hot and cold and after that waste with DP's fire retardant product.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Plastics are fine if properly installed. However I do not like it in commercial. One of the reasons most areas will not allow plastic in commercial is you never know who the next tenant will be. If you have a business office your fine but five years later when the new tenant is putting excessive amnounts of cleaning solutions down the drains you may have some problems.

I looked at a case a few years back where a school allowed ABS in the lab buildings because they were not putting anything down the drain which would hurt them. A few years later a new professor came in and changed a few experiments and it ruined all of the under slab plumbing. Guess who the school wanted to pay for the repairs?

Mark
            There should have been an intercepter on the line to filter out harmful chemicals (like in a photo lab). untreaated, harmful chemicals should never go down a drain line regardless of what material is used. Codes stick to CI under slab because it has a higher crush resistance.

Comment

Working...
            X