X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drip/Dirt Legs

When I was working in Chicago 25 years ago, we put a drip leg on the gas piping before connecting to the appliance with a flex.

I moved to NM where no one used drip legs in 1982. The inspectors and other plumbers did not understand them, the gas is dry, no one used them.

Last year, we got a new rule. Now we install a dirt leg, attached to the appliance. the flex connector connects to the gas piping on one side, the appliance with the dirt leg on the other side.

So, I'm wondering, where do the rest of you put your dirt/drip legs, the gas piping or the appliance?

i don't. i still see some old installations of drip legs, but i don't install new ones.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

we put our drip legs on the drop before it goes to the appliance. to my understanding it is required here in canada because it is quite cold in the winters making the gas cold then entering a warm building causing it to possible condensate? It is a code here.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER JAY
        we put our drip legs on the drop before it goes to the appliance. to my understanding it is required here in Canada because it is quite cold in the winters making the gas cold then entering a warm building causing it to possible condensate? It is a code here.

in pa we do the same but i did a job in delaware and was running my gas main in side and going up throw the roof to the units. by code we had to put the drip leg in side the building . in pa we put them up at the unit.
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
          i don't. i still see some old installations of drip legs, but i don't install new ones.

rick.
          I'm with Rick. In So. California, inwhich we both live, it is not necessary by code, or local gas supplier.
          the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10
            I'm with Rick. In So. California, inwhich we both live, it is not necessary by code, or local gas supplier.
            dog, glad we agree on something

how's that approved 2 way cleanout coming along

you got 1 week to play here without me, i'm off on vacation monday- saturday.

but watch what you say, mrs seat down will be home and monitoring this forum

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

in new york we put a drip leg at the units. Not sure wether or not its code but never hurts in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
              X