X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid but important question

I have a Rigid brand hand held snake that is propelled by an atttached hand-held drill. With a clogged sing, I used the snake with success to clear the clog.

But, I cannot get the snake to wind back up in the red holder. It will not wind back up, although the snake spins when the drill is placed in reverse. I was able to have the snake retreat from the drain, but it will not wind into the receiver.

Is it broke? Is there a way to force the snake to properly rewind?

If your trying to retract the cable completely into the drum, its not intended to be pulled all the way back in. The bulb will always stay exposed outside the drum.

Josh

Comment

The Power Spin has 25 feet of cable in the drum. When a drill is attached and powered on, the cable spins due to the friction of the cable against the drum. When rotating clockwise, squeezing the trigger will auto-feed the cable out of the drum. When rotating counter clockwise, squeezing the trigger will feed the cable back into the drum.

Your issue is one of two issues. You may need to squeeze on the trigger harder to get the feed mechanism to engage the cable and retract it.

Or, if you fed most of the cable out, you may not have enough cable in the drum for the feed mechnism to operate. Your cable may be spinning freely inside of the drum. You can remedy this situation by forcing about 5 feet worth of cable back into the drum using your hand. Then with the drill in reverse, squeeze on the Power Spin trigger (feed mechanism) and if you are squeezing on the trigger hard enough, the cable should retract. Repeat if necessary.
      Mark F. Fleming<br />Product Manager<br />RIDGID/Kollmann

Comment

Originally posted by mff

Or, if you fed most of the cable out, you may not have enough cable in the drum for the feed mechnism to operate. Your cable may be spinning freely inside of the drum. You can remedy this situation by forcing about 5 feet worth of cable back into the drum using your hand. Then with the drill in reverse, squeeze on the Power Spin trigger (feed mechanism) and if you are squeezing on the trigger hard enough, the cable should retract. Repeat if necessary.
        this is also true in the higher priced k-39 with power feed. i sometimes will have to pull out the remainding cable from the drum and attach it to a drill or better yet a k-39 with locking chuck. typically a 25' cable can be run out 20', unless you have a locking chuck. then it's all 25' or 35'.

sometimes with 20' out, you can't pull the cable out of the drain by hand.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X