X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corian Bowl/drain question

I have a new double bowl Corian vanity top. I installed the drian and used plumber's putty and can't seem to stop a dribble of a leak. I have since heard that it is best to use silicone when setting the drain assembly. Is this correct? Thanks

silicon v putty

I was raised on putty but have had to use silicon quite often lately. Mostly on sinks with built in overflows where ive had to seal above and below the bowl.

But back to your question, a bead of silicon under the lip of the waste will seal the leak.

Beware the cleanup.

Have lots of paper towel hady and a bucket to put rubbish in.If you dont clean thoroughly the residue will attract dirt and look bad.

Comment

you need to be careful with putty on any stone surface, the oil will run and bleed into the stone. corian is an artifical surface and i think is ok. it's not uncommon now to use the rubber gasket or silicon.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Accordian to my corian installer the best thing to use is the silicon and never use plumbers putty due to the staining. He said if you use putty you can void any warranty on the corian.

Comment

Thanks, I have pulled the drains apart and will reset them using silicone.

Comment

Working...
          X