X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy advise

This is my first thread im starting a new construction buisness in texas and wanted some advise on strategy i have two builders committing and need advice and protocol for searching out new business without stepping on the toes of the company i worked for and i have no other immediate connections is their secret list or certain web site to look. Or do you just start knocking on doors. some info pleaseeee.

When I started out I was already pretty busy. However, when work did slow down I would hang out at dwsign centers where builders would come to look at fixtures. I helped the centers by helping their clients and I handed out my cards at the same time.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

if you left on good terms with your last employer, they should be able to refer their excess jobs.

i never had an issue with referring jobs to others that i didn't want to do. i get referrals all day long from other plumbers and contractors.

it all takes time to get established in the area you want to work. you can't just hang a shingle and expect the phone to ring. you will need to do jobs that you don't want to do, then the better ones will come.

not sure if this helps, but this has been my own experience.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

The plumber I've been using for the past 5 years (I'm a homebuilder) found me by getting the names of permit applicants at the building department then calling them. You can forget about the volume builders, but you might get lucky with the small builders.

I was dissatisfied with the plumber I had been using and was willing to try another. It worked out for both of us.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas I wouldnt of thought of some of them. Word of mouth and quality work might be all i need i came from supervising in the residential production side and some of the work i see makes me wonder. Thats why i starting my own gig to get back to the quality and out of the rat race. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X