how often do you use a backhoe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how often do you use a backhoe?

Just purchesed a used full size backhoe. will use it at mountain property to
    install septic and culvet stream work. I have friends [plumbers] that can throw me some lateral work. I also have a dump truck. In no. ca I'm guessing $100 per hr machine and operator for small jobs, plus a mobilization fee. can you give me an idea what you pay in your areas,and how often you hire someone on lateral replacement thank's Tool ps only have a 24" bucket so far. I'll add a thumb later
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

In Southern California it was about $85.00/hr., 4 hour minimum, + 1-2 hours of travel time on mobilization. This was from early last year, it maybe higher now.
    the dog

Comment

thank's dog, insurance co. ain't like this new addition. I have been renting and allways call USA. friend just got a $15,000 bill from P G @E broke a main. they now charge for gas lost. there USA was off and one of my guys went through a plastic house feed . I'm fighting $1400 on that one
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

To avoid hitting underground utilities find out what the State number for your one call center is. Most States have a toll free number that will notify most utilities to mark their underground facilities free of charge to the caller. It protects the excavator somewhat liability wise. However, be aware that the states law defines how far from the marks power excavation is allowed, inside that distance, either hand dig or pothole (vacuum excavate) to physically verify the location of the underground utility. That will minimize the unpleasant feelings associated with unexpected gas lines. If you think gas is bad $ wise, we had a contractor hit a fiber optic trunk serving an airport. $65K in fiber splicing alone, another hit a sewer force main. $650K and rising.
        Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrunner
          To avoid hitting underground utilities find out what the State number for your one call center is. Most States have a toll free number that will notify most utilities to mark their underground facilities free of charge to the caller. It protects the excavator somewhat liability wise. However, be aware that the states law defines how far from the marks power excavation is allowed, inside that distance, either hand dig or pothole (vacuum excavate) to physically verify the location of the underground utility. That will minimize the unpleasant feelings associated with unexpected gas lines. If you think gas is bad $ wise, we had a contractor hit a fiber optic trunk serving an airport. $65K in fiber splicing alone, another hit a sewer force main. $650K and rising.
          Roadrunner,

In California, where Tool lives, we have the "Dig-Alert" system. If you call they will mark out any utilities, as a contractor you are responsible for anything you excavate within 24" of their marks. It has always worked for me.
          the dog

Comment

Dial Before you Dig

Wherever you live Im sure there is a service like this.

You think a delay is expensive? Try digging up a major Fibre Optic cable! It wasnt me but that plumbing business was bankrupted by that incident.

Be grateful for Limited Liability Company structures protecting the assets.

Comment

Never mind the $. There's no price on a life lost. I recall a couple of years ago in a nearby city, a crew hit a jet fuel line. Pretty good explosion. A few lives lost in that deal.

Comment

Working...
              X