Other Plumbing forums?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Plumbing forums?

Last edited by Christopher Lambert; 04-30-2009, 01:35 AM.

Originally posted by Christopher Lambert
    Hey all, it took me a while to find a Plumbing-related message board. Neato that it's hosted by Ridgid!! My favorite! (Why can't I order from their website? )

I am a Plumber's apprentice in Toronto, ON, and have been employed for about 7 months now, in which time I've accumlated ~1500 of my 9000 required hours.

I enjoy Plumbing very much and wish to keep in touch with it during non-working hours, so that I stay sharp.

A question to all who frequent this forum: Are there any other good Plumbing forums, or informative websites I should be aware of, being an Ontario apprentice, or an apprentice in general?

And does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of the Ontario Plumbing Codebook?

Thanks for your time guys,
    Chris
    Ontario, Canada has it's own code. Plumber Jay can probably help you, since he is from the area.

I have seen other forums (Terry Love's, which Tool is always pushing), but none are this good in my opinion.
    the dog

Comment

www.terrylove.com is another plumb site

you won't find the experiance this site has, but there's always some knowledge everywhere. there is a good toilet forum that rates each one.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Christopher

All Provinces in Canada follow the National Plumbing Code. I dont know if Ontario has addopted the 2005 NPC yet? They may still be working under the old 1995 NPC as we are here in Alberta. All Provinces can ammend the NPC and most do. So not only do you need the NPC you also need the ammendments or standdatas. Are you enrolled for technical training yet? If so that will be the best place to buy a code book.

The Plumber.com is a decent forum http://www.plbg.com/forum/list.php?1
        also The Plumbing Help forum http://www.findplumbing.com/forums/index.php
        Last edited by Hondahead; 10-21-2006, 12:20 PM.
        You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

code book

Chris
          We actually are not governened under the NPC. Are code is the Ontario building code. Section 7 deals with plumbing. you can buy section 7 at the community college that deals with trades in your area. they are only like 15 bucks. Although i have heard that we may be changing to the NPC this will probably be many many years away.

If you are a the college i would suggest that you buy the workbook for basic plumbing because it has alot of good diagrams in it and it will be much easier to understand than just reading a code book.

Are you signed up as an apprentice yet? Because i have heard from many guys who worked for a company for a couple years and then the company signs them up giving them only some of there hours. or not sign them up at all so they quit and are left to start over again.

Comment

ontario code book

hi jay. the plumbing code book is actualy part 7 of the ontario builbing code. the latest book is from 1997 the one before that was 1993.

not to knit pick from Fastplumber

Comment

fp
              sorry part not section. The latest book is 1997 with updates in 2004 written in it.

Comment

jay

do you guys have lots of work?

Comment

Fp
                  It is pretty busy here.(steady) mabye alittle bit of a slow down but i think that is just because more jobs were ending and others were taking a bit to really start going.

Comment

plumber jay how long have you been in plumbing?
                    Last edited by fastplumber; 10-23-2006, 06:16 PM.

Comment

five years

Comment

Last edited by Christopher Lambert; 04-30-2009, 01:38 AM.

Comment

So Ontario does'nt follow the NPC eh? Do any of you guys have your interprovincal/red seal? If so, you must of had to study the NPC. There is a ton of work in Alberta right now. Everybody is screaming for guys,especially in construction. Most pay $30-$35 per hr, 50-60hrs per wk. 100K a year easy! The Alberta advantage

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

honda

hey hondahead

is that civic a 1976-77-78 i see there?

i like all cars, but have a 1988 gt mustang cobra convertable right now.

i built it from a parts car.
                            Last edited by fastplumber; 10-23-2006, 09:54 PM.

Comment

You bet it is! Click on my username and check out my homepage.

Comment

Working...
                              X