UPC Adopted by California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPC Adopted by California

For those of you in California, Reeves Journal is reporting that California will adopt the 2006 Uniform Plumbing Code (Reeves Journal, October 2006, page 20). According to them it will take effect after January 2008. Until then California is operating off of the 2000 UPC with California amendments.

Last I heard California was considering the International Plumbing Code. Apparently, talks between the two groups as to forming a single code have been called off.
    the dog

i think mark/ utah has mentioned this while the dog was taking a walk

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
      i think mark/ utah has mentioned this while the dog was taking a walk

rick.
      I don't think it was official at that time, I think he was refering to information he had, but I could be wrong.
      the dog

Comment

I agree with the Dog, when Mark talked about this he said (to the best of my recollection) that it was being talked about. I don't remember anything about an agreement being reached. At the time I checked with a buddy of mine who works for the State code enforcement division. He had not heard anything about the two being combined.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
        X