Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your best deal you got on a powertool????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What was your best deal you got on a powertool????

This may be cheating, but...

We just opened a new Lowe's, and the night before Opening we have Employee Appreciation Night, where we got 20% off everything in the store, and all combo kits were 20%, so I bought two kits at 40% off, brand new, full warrantees.

So I got my brother the 18v Skill set for $92 (normaly $150) for Christmas,

And I bought myself the $429 Bosch 5-piece for $260. (All my best Christmas gifts this year I bought myself...18v Bosch Drill/Impact/Circ/Recip/Light, Brand-new K2 Apache Raiders and some new Nordica boots.)

Maybe I should have put this in the What you got for Christmas thread?

Comment

A six horsepower chipper/shredder. At tractor supply one day saw it on clearance, manager said the engine was locked up. Never had oil or gas in it. regular price 600.00. After four trips back trying to talk her down from the 250.00 she was asking, I decided to pull the trigger and pay the 250.00 with no return possible. I was thinking how could it be locked up if it never has had gas or oil, maybe seized up from moisture because it was sitting outside for three years. So I take it home, rope will absolutely not pull, and start to disassemble it. After taking the chute apart and removing the coke can from under the impeller, I put gas and oil in it and pull the rope three times and it run like a charm. Next trip back I tell the manager what was wrong. Guess I will not get any more deals like that from that Tractor Supply again as long as she is there.
      ________
      VAPORGENIE VAPORIZER
      Last edited by newtowood; 02-11-2011, 12:04 AM.
      It is amazing how long it takes to complete a project you are not working on!

Comment

posted by hewood: Bosch 1617PK combo kit for $108 shipped, sold the plunge base for $60, kept the fixed base 1617 for $48. Awesome router and deal!!!!The router I use and dearly love!!!!!thanks to all for reponsed to my thread!!!
        You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X