Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your best deal you got on a powertool????

I once bought a made in USA Craftsman Pro(probably a dewalt in craftsman clothes) Hammer drill(single speed: I believe 0-1300rpm) for only $29.99-$5 coupon=$24.99. It listed for $129.99 and was on the specials shelf at sears Someone must have forgot the 1. LOLI gave it to my father in law as a birthday gift(I already had a bosch 1194vsr 2 speed hammer drill). I also got a brand new in the box Campbell Hausfield Extreme(contractor grade{YELLOW UNIT NOT BLUE})pancake air compressor(oilless 1720rpm) for only $99(list $249) at home depot. LET ME HEAR 'BOUT YOUR DEALS!!!!!
    :
    Last edited by Akita; 11-05-2006, 08:55 AM. Reason: spelling
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

I've had a few great deals come my way....

- Freud FT1700 for $96 shipped (minus a $25 gift card....total - $71)
    - Freud LU84R011 new for $20
    - Craftsman 22124 for $594 with free delivery
    - Delta 22-580 for $229
    - Craftsman 22400 BS for $189
    - Bosch/Craftsman 1617EVSK router kit for $140
    - Milwaukee 5625 router for $198 shipped
    - Whiteside router bit set for $55 shipped
    - Delta 36-680 cast iron 10" TS for $340 shipped
    - Delta 37-195 6" deluxe jointer for $149 new w/full warranty

...there were several that got away too!
    Last edited by hewood; 11-06-2006, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Ridgid 9212 combo kit (complete) for $160 after clearance, rebate and 10% friends and family coupon. Ridgid ts 2412 for $265 (brand new in the box) on closeout. Ridgid 0610 jointer for $150. The local HD had it sitting there with a note that said "missing parts". When I went through the box, it was only missing the yellow safety key insert. Ridgid cordless hand planer for $59 on clearance. Ridgid cordless jig saw for $79 on clearance.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Makita LS1214L 12" CSMS: $46 and change (got 2, gave one to my bro....Amazon glitch pricing )

Milwaukee 4pc V28 set: $300 (2 discount codes from Amazon and I signed up for their credit card for an extra $20 off)

Ridgid TS2400: $315 (20% off HD coupon and 10% Ridgid Rebate which they gave me off full retail)

Ridgid R3120 Jig saw: $72

the list goes on and on, I have never paid full retail.

Comment

I have never paid retail either-I shop Home Depot,Lowes and Sears once a week to check clearance!!!!Why by consumer grade when at clearance you can have proffessional grade for the same price!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench View Post
            Makita LS1214L 12" CSMS: $46 and change (got 2, gave one to my bro....Amazon glitch pricing )

Milwaukee 4pc V28 set: $300 (2 discount codes from Amazon and I signed up for their credit card for an extra $20 off)

Ridgid TS2400: $315 (20% off HD coupon and 10% Ridgid Rebate which they gave me off full retail)

Ridgid R3120 Jig saw: $72

the list goes on and on, I have never paid full retail.
            I was going to mention the people who got that Makita miter saw pricing fluke. Thats pretty much impossible to top.

Most recently I just got a pretty good deal on a DeWalt DW331k jigsaw. I wasn't intending on buying it. Actualy was looking for Bosch 1590 but I saw the Dewalt priced at $110 at HD, which I'm sure was a pricing mistake. I remember this saw is usually always around $169 anywhere so for $40-$50 less than the Bosch, the DW331k it was.

Besides that I buy most of my stuff on ebay so I usually get way better price than the best deal I can get at any store.
            Last edited by Velosapien; 11-05-2006, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Simple

The ones I got as gifts

Comment

If any of you are wanting a new Bosch 1590EVSK take a look at Coastal Tool & Supply. The last time I checked it was at $149 plus shipping (several choices) but what I like is that they throw in a nice little plastic case with 10 blades as a thank you gift. The blade case fits nicely behind a clip that's part of the case included with this jigsaw.

Comment

Ridgid jointer new $150
                  Ridgid planer new $150
                  www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

the best deal i got was on a porter cable / rockwell model 315 ciruler saw i got it for $5.00 16 years ago at a yard sale. it was used by me almost every day for 13 years i have now cleaned it up some and still use it for those "specal projects" and the saw has been dated back to the late 60s to the early 70s. this saw is my baby and if i could locate another one in like new condtion i would spend up to $300 and would not blink an eye
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench View Post
                      Cheeky, somebody has to do it so I guess I'll just go right ahead and say it, YOU SUCK!
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Hysterical!!!!

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                        Cheeky, somebody has to do it so I guess I'll just go right ahead and say it, YOU SUCK!
                        ROTFLMAO

Comment

BD,

I'll make sure to fit that deal into any post.....just for you

jk

Comment

I discovered a TS 2424-1 (reconditioned) hiding behind some boxes at the local HD. $249.99, and since I needed another blade it pushed it over $299, oh well I just had to get a HD card to use that 10% off offer and oh well it also meant no interest for a year. So I got what I needed stuck $25 in savings for 11 mos. and voila' my first Rigid addition to the shop. I'l have to say I was a bit disappointed when the local HD indicated that factory refurbs were no longer coming to the retail store, but I think I got a good deal on a $649 saw+ Freud blade less than 3 bills.
                            Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

I think this is a good deal

Cummins Tools has a special on the factory reconditioned 18V 3-pc kit right now for $149. This is the Hammer Drill, the Circular Saw and the Light with dual port charger, 2 batteries and bag. 1 yr warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X