X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used TS2400 0 qusetion?

Hey guys I am looking at a used table saw. I know it is from 1999-2000 modle. I have read good things about this saw. I don't know if that year had any problems. Also I can get it cheap around $80 or so. I just wanted to know what you guys think. Should I just spend the $350 on a new one (with a %20 off at HD). I don't know how much it was used for sure. What is the life spand for a TS2400? I also want to get a CSMS and stand so I can save some money on getting this and don't have to wait to get the CMS and stand. This is my 1st post but I have read this board for a few months and think you guys have some great insite. I am new to the wood working thing and want to get started on some new stuff. I still have so much to learn. Thanks guys.

A lot would depend on how this saw was used. If it was used daily for jobsite use by a contractor then I think you should be very careful to make certain that its in good running order. Actually, if it were me, I'd pass on it if it was used as an actual jobsite saw. On the other hand, if it was used by a hobbyist I think I'd jump on it as that's a great price. How well do you know the seller?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The older 2400's do not have an elevation locking knob for the blade and the newer ones do.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Well I don't know the seller. I have never met them. I am kinda not sure what to do at this point. I saw sure this was the saw I wanted. Now a found a guy selling a Ridgid TS3650 5 months old. He is asking $400. I saw the pictures and looks really good. I think I can talk him down to $360-370. Or should I get a new in box TS2400 for $350+tax. I really like the way the 2400 is prtable and I can store it in a small area. I am working out of my garage so more spase is nice. I also might want to take it around now and then. The 3650 looks better. More stable and you can do better work with it. What do you think?

Comment

One other thing to think about is the LSA is nontransferable.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Is this the 3650 you're talking about? If it is, that's also a great price, and if you would be able to transport it without disassembling it you'll save yourself about 6-8 hours of work. That saw looks to be in very excellent condition and well taken care of.

One more thing, ask the seller if he still has the OEM blade guard.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Why yes it is. I saw it on Graigs list. What do you think. Saw looks great but I still not sure now. I was all about the TS4200 but that sure look like a nice saw.

Comment

do the older ts2400's have a stand?

Comment

Yes it does.

Comment

Working...
                  X