X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What router table?

I just got a cheap plunge router off ebay. I don't really plan on keeping it long just to learn. Anyway I want to make or buy a router table for it. Anyone have a good plan thats not way to hard to start but will still work well. Is there a good after market one that won't break the bank? I have just got started so Something that won't make me pull my hair out trying to make.

small benchdog contractor router table sells for about $200-they are excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

question i always wondered (since i'm too lazy to price out materials for a build it yourself router table) is:

what is the approx. cost of bldg your own router table comparable to the Bench Dog? It's $183.49 delivered on Amazon (after shipping and 2 discounts).

http://www.amazon.com/Bench-Dog-40-0...1?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Comment

I love my benchdog table. It is the tabletop version before the contractor version came out(actually same table-but newer contractor version is made of differant materials). Excellent fence. Small but sufficient for my needs. The Milwaukee 5625-20 production router spends it's life just hanging around in there!!!!
        You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Have any of you seen and/or thought about a wood shaper? New they are good money but there are now and then good used ones for sale at machinery dealers.

Comment

Most that I've ever built were done using mainly remnants I found or had lying around the shop. The insert plate and optional miter track is about the only item I've had to purchase....so my cost has usually been ~ $30-$50. These are made from laminated pressboard with shopbuilt fences.

Last edited by hewood; 11-10-2006, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench View Post
              question i always wondered (since i'm too lazy to price out materials for a build it yourself router table) is:

what is the approx. cost of bldg your own router table comparable to the Bench Dog? It's $183.49 delivered on Amazon (after shipping and 2 discounts).
              Although I agree with what you are saying, CMW, there is also something to be said for the satisfaction of building your own and the learning experience involved. Being somewhat new to woodworking myself, I often try to build what I can in my shop as although the final outcome is important to me, a few flaws are ok for me in the shop and I count that as lesson(s) learned and can hopefully do better on a "real" project.
              Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Beautiful work on those tables and fences hewood!
                Last edited by Gofor; 11-10-2006, 07:44 PM. Reason: spelling
                Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

That's pretty awesome!

Comment

Working...
                  X