X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlight

I was discouraged to learn you do not offer a flexible flashlight, & the light you do offer is only available as a combo kit, I don't like to have to buy different brands, ....but you forced my hand !!!

Originally posted by dmcpherson View Post
    I was discouraged to learn you do not offer a flexible flashlight, & the light you do offer is only available as a combo kit, I don't like to have to buy different brands, ....but you forced my hand !!!
    What do you mean by a flexible flashlight? The Dewalt is the only one I have seen like that.

I have the Ridgid light and the Ryobi light and they are both very good but for different purposes. not sure if you are trolling or not.

TC

Comment

I don't get it, what's your point? And what do you mean by "forced my hand"?
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 11-10-2006, 06:27 PM.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The DeWalt worklight is okay, but they really need to make the neck more rigid. It tends to fall out of place after you set it.

Comment

Why doesnt Ridgid make a light comparable to Dewalt, I have a 18 volt drill and would prefer to stick with the same brand for ske of batt. & charger.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            I don't get it, what's your point? And what do you mean by "forced my hand"?
            I have a Ridgid drill,would prefer to have the same brand flashlight for the sake of the batteries & charger,now I will have to buy a Dewalt flashlight.

Comment

took me 3 minutes to find the following:

http://m-and-d.com/RID-R849.html

BTW, I have the light which came with my Mil V28 combo, and it kicks major booty....the Ridgid light is very similar, just not as long and more stable.
              Last edited by CheekyMonkeyWrench; 11-14-2006, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I have a Ridgid drill,would prefer to have the same brand flashlight for the sake of the batteries & charger,now I will have to buy a Dewalt flashlight.
                Again I ask, EXACTLY what are you looking for?
                I have the ridgid and ryobi lights and they both work very well.

The dewalt light is different and probably has its drawbacks too.
                Are you saying that every company should make the identical light or are you just trolling?

Comment

Or, You could get a light from an independent source...

Central Tools LED 100

or this one from Snap-On Tools

Here's a small, cheesy one from Dremel
                  There's also the Cheesy Snake Light from Black and Decker or you might already own a gadget like this with a built-in cigarette lighter plug Power Source to which you can add a Hella Maplight

Perhaps since you don't want to get the DeWalt light You can think outside the box and cobble something together:

LittLite lamp that can be mated with your choice of cordless battery. U-bild-it.

You could always take a car battery, an inverter, and any generic tasklight to make a Frankenstein light.

There's always a way - if you are creative.

Me, I'd just get the DeWalt light.
                  Phil
                  Tools Rule

Comment

If you want a real good rechargable light, try going to www.streamlight.com and look for their products called LITE BOX. Now there is a real work light for us. This one is also a power failure light. When setup and in the charger if there's a power failure it comes on by itself. http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=19

The VULCAN is the junior of this and it's pretty good too.

Comment

Working...
                    X