X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jobsite Radio...

Now Makita's got one just out...I've seen it around $99.00 on the 'net.

Makita Radio

At least they're trying!
    Phil
    Tools Rule

New Jobsite Radio...

The radio should be showing up at HD near you soon! I have already seen it at 1 or 2 HD's in Columbus, OH.

My source at Makita said "they rushed it out" for Christmas season; instead of spending more time and money on R & D and releasing during Q1/Q2 of 2007.

Ohiohead

Comment

You can get it free if you purchase one of the 4 piece LXT combo kits.

Comment

Makita Radio

I have one in my shop. Very good sound, but it's only a radio that plays with an adapter or a Mikita battery. No other features.

Comment

No kidding they rushed it out the door. It has no battery charging features like other brands do. Somewhat pointless just to have a radio that can run off your very expensive tool batteries. A cheap little radio will do the same job. I bet later they will likely release a fully featured model that can charge batteries. Oh well, fortunately I'm getting mine for free and its probably going straight to ebay...
          http://www.makita.com/assets_promo/fall06/LXT_MIR.pdf

Comment

Kind of makes you wonder how many will buy it thinking it will charge batteries. I don't see it being a big seller.
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Agreed

Yeah I don't think it has a MP3 player input and I also don't think it even has any additional plug-ins (for a charger, other corded tool or cell phone charger etc). Looks nice, sounds nice, but what were they thinking? Even just one of those added features would have made it more appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
                I don't see it being a big seller.
                I see very few Makitas down here on the jobsites (mostly yellow, orange, Bosch blue and Milwaukee red) . I guess we need a better dealer than the big box stores here, plus there's not a close service center.
                Phil
                Tools Rule

Comment

Working...
                X