Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which drill, angle grinder & tile cutter should I buy?

I am just about to buy some new tools to use for laying natural stone and marble floors. As it is a lot of money to spend I obviously want to get quality stuff - can anyone recommend a good high power SDS (hammer) drill, an angle grinder 2300w plus with diamond disc, and a diamond disc tile cutter please?

If your going to spend the money check into Hilti,or Hitachi,or Bosch.as for a good angle grinder,Metabo,bosch,or even a makita in the 6 to 9 inch versions.I donot know much about tile saws but i think M&K makes pretty good ones.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

I've used makita and porter cable angle grinders. I found the porter cable to be a better tool.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Doing steel fabrication I've been around grinders all day long, every working day w/ a lot of Saturdays thrown in for 37 years. DeWalt

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
          I've used makita and porter cable angle grinders. I found the porter cable to be a better tool.
          is it the quality that's better, or does it have better functions than the makita? I've had quite a few people saying the Makita one is the best

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Lucy View Post
            Doing steel fabrication I've been around grinders all day long, every working day w/ a lot of Saturdays thrown in for 37 years. DeWalt
            Any one in particular you'd recommend?

Comment

Dewalt does have some new angle grinders that really pack some serious power and are very well designed. As far as SDS roto hammers that is one field it seems just about everyone makes and excellent product. I constantly see Bosch, Dewalt, Hilti, Milwaukee, Metabo and Makita getting high marks on theirs. For versatility you should probably get a model that mas chipping, hammer, and drill only function. There's also several style's. Avoid the pistol grip ones that look like a regular drill. The most comfortable are the D-handle style but they are also the longest. L-handles are usually the most convenient since they are shorter.
              I'm shopping around for a tile saw myself and don't know much about them. I only need it for one project so I'm not looking for something too expensive but not something thats a piece of junk either which will just end up being seriously aggravating to use.

Here are some SDS hammer reviews.
              http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/artic...ticle&partID=1

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/artic...ticle&partID=1

Comment

Thanks a lot for those reviews - very useful! Don't suppose anyone knows of any British websites where you can read reviews of powertools etc?

Comment

Smithy,
                  The porter cable had significantly less vibration. It also costs about $50 more.
                  Aside from the vibration the makita is fine, I own one.
                  I'd say it comes down to how much you will use it.
                  www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Working...
                  X