X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 24V XLI Impact Driver?

...any idea if and when this item shall be made available?

I'd love to see them come out with a Mechanics size impact...like DeWalt sells.

I'd love to see them come out with a Mechanics size impact...like DeWalt sells....something with 200ftlbs of torque.

Comment

I believe what you are referring to is in fact an impact wrench.

Comment

Guys,
        Simple impact tool terminology:

Impact driver = usually female 1/4 hex chuck to receive power bits. (I have seen 7/16 hex chucks also)

Impact wrench = Square drive anvil for use with impact sockets.

Today's lesson is over.
        thank you.
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

Yeah....I'm talking about a wrench.

With 24 Volts, you could power a nice sized impact wrench. The competition...other than a couple cheap no-name brands(see my other post), are very expensive.

Comment

Anywho...

When is the 24V impact driver going to appear on the scene?

Comment

Re: Ridgid 24V XLI Impact Driver?

Hello out there. I am new to the forum, but had the same question here. Has anyone learned any new information on the 24v LXI impact driver? I saw and add in one of my wood working mags last month that had a drawing where teh winner received 2 or 3 different 24v LXI tool and the impact driver was one of the options listed. However, i cant find any mention of them on the Ridgid web site, and my local Home Depot salesman informed me yesterday that HD would no longer be carrying the 24V line, and would only be carrying the 18v line of Ridgid tools.

Anyone in "the know" that could get me any answers?

thanks.

Brad

Comment

Here is the reply I received when I inquired as to the availability of the Max Select impact driver:

There is no confirmation available at this time, for that product expected availability.

Best regards,

Tom C.
                Consumer Response
                One World Technologies, Inc.
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about the 4pc combo kit i just purchased. It is still unused and may see it's way to eBay soon. The salesman at Home Depot really got me second guessing my purchase, and one of the main reasons for going with Ridgis was the tool line they were offering for $119 to add to your kit......

Comment

I was curious when I noticed that Home Depot is no longer displaying the 24V stuff in their stores or promoting it on their sites. I havn't talked with anyone at Home Depot but had assumed that Ridgid may be slow on deliveries.
                    I have the 24V combo set and very limited experiance so far, however the drill has assume power and is not as difficult to work with as its weight would suggest.
                    Maybe one of the Ridgid reps that moitor this site could give us a heads up on the status of the 24V line.

Comment

Log onto http://ibs.ridgid.com/ click the bottom tab that says jobcast. There is a link that allows anyone to email Mike Sheriff, Product Manager, Cordless, Power Tools - News in RIDGID® cordless tools. The International builders show is scheduled 2/07/07-2/10/07. Mike Sheriff is sheduled to be at the trade show on the first day. Hopefully Ridgid will release some information about the 24volt line and I am going to search the internet in a few hours for information about the cordless tools because I am curious what is happening to the 24volt line myself.
                      http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Ok, i did as the previous post mentioned and emailed to get my question answered at the tool show this past weekend. I received no reply, and i still haven't seen any "new news" on this topic. Does anyone have any news on the future of the Max Select cordless tools? is there going to be an impact driver released anytime soon?

Comment

Yes, there will be an impact driver. I don't know if Ridgid answered all emails. I don't think so because I have asked a question for probrand here at the forum and never received a response. However, when you log on, click on jobcast and then click download. Click episode one-part 2. Mike Sheriff(product manager for cordless tools)talks about the impact driver and has one in his hand. He seems stumped on some questions though. He said it will be available soon. He also said that their will be more 24 volt tools later in the year. He also states their will be big news later in year the from Ridgid, but he says he can't release anymore than that. If your stilling having problems navigating the site, copy and paste this link in your browser. http://ibs.ridgid.com/jobcast/episode1_2.html
                          Last edited by onlycordless; 02-15-2007, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onlycordless View Post
                            Yes, there will be an impact driver. I don't know if Ridgid answered all emails. I don't think so because I have asked a question for probrand here at the forum and never received a response. However, when you log on, click on jobcast and then click download. Click episode one-part 2. Mike Sheriff(product manager for cordless tools)talks about the impact driver and has one in his hand. He seems stumped on some questions though. He said it will be available soon. He also said that their will be more 24 volt tools later in the year. He also states their will be big news later in year the from Ridgid, but he says he can't release anymore than that. If your stilling having problems navigating the site, copy and paste this link in your browser. http://ibs.ridgid.com/jobcast/episode1_2.html
                            Will it be a Maxselect 18v/24v or a 24v?
                            I'm debating on buying the 5-pc 18v set with the impact driver.
                            I'm not interested in 24v, just 18v.

Comment

It has been awhile since I listened to the jobcast but I think he said it was max select, however, copy and paste the link below in your browser and watch the short video. He talks about the impact driver about half way through the video. Also you may prefer the lithium batteries in the xli kit over the nicad and nimh in the 18 volt kit that is currently offered. Lithium batteries hold their charge when stored longer, they are lighter and you have almost consistent power through out the entire discharge cycle.
                              http://ibs.ridgid.com/jobcast/episode1_2.html
                              Last edited by onlycordless; 02-18-2007, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X