X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey you canadians!

Just noticed on homedepot.ca that the basic 18V drill kit (R84011) is on sale for $99. this is with 2 non-max batteries and a bag. Says unavailable online (sold out i guess?) and Sat/Sun only, so I'm not sure if the deal will be available in stores or if they will have stock on this item/SKU- I think it's worth checking out if you can get down there today. Make sure to print the page. It says only available online but ya never know- I've read in other threads where people are getting the stores to honour web deals.
    Last edited by dsydorko; 11-19-2006, 02:09 PM.

Originally posted by dsydorko View Post
    Just noticed on homedepot.ca that the basic 18V drill kit (R84011) is on sale for $99. this is with 2 non-max batteries and a bag. Says unavailable online (sold out i guess?) and Sat/Sun only, so I'm not sure if the deal will be available in stores or if they will have stock on this item/SKU- I think it's worth checking out if you can get down there today. Make sure to print the page. It says only available online but ya never know- I've read in other threads where people are getting the stores to honour web deals.
    This was definitely a heck of a deal. I was not looking for one per se but I went into my local HD and there were 10 or so sets still there on Sat morning so of course I grabbed one. I later heard that they were sold out very early at all the other stores in town.

Unfortunately the drill in my kit turned out to be a lemon. It makes a nasty grinding noise in high speed. Still a heck of a deal but I will have to exchange it a week or two down the road for a replacement.

Comment

From a Short Canuck

Originally posted by Tall_Canuck View Post
      This was definitely a heck of a deal. I was not looking for one per se but I went into my local HD and there were 10 or so sets still there on Sat morning so of course I grabbed one. I later heard that they were sold out very early at all the other stores in town.

Unfortunately the drill in my kit turned out to be a lemon. It makes a nasty grinding noise in high speed. Still a heck of a deal but I will have to exchange it a week or two down the road for a replacement.
      I'm near you, out in High River actually. I was sooo tempted to try to grab one on sunday when i noticed the ad on the website, but I guess they would have been out of stock and unwilling to write me up a raincheck anyway. I was real close to a calgary HD store that day but no matter how hot the deal I couldn't get it after i had already stretched my power tool budget as far as it could go on the Makita 14.4V lithium drill/impact/light set (LXT200X1) at Home Hardware for $399. I returned my Ridgid 14.4V impact to get that set. My thing was lightweight and compact, yet powerful and long battery runtime. I also had to stretch the tool budget even further to accomodate the Mastercraft Maximum 10" sliding mitre saw for $188.88 at CT. I can't afford the nicer ones from dewalt/bosch/makita etc, but I think the maximum is a heck of a lot better than the superior/king/trademaster ones that they sell under $200 at any smaller hardware store (totem, etc). I have a $159 trademaster from home hardware and it's a springy arm wrestler that seems like it was designed for one lifetime blade change.

Comment

Working...
      X