Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by franklin pug View Post
    roddy

Think maybe I'll get the DeWalt DW618B3 or perhaps the bosch 1617EVSPK or maybe the PC 895PK.
    I have the dewalt 618 3 combo kit ... it comes ina suitcase
    love the router for free hand ( it does not have above table adj....on it that im a aware of)
    im thinking of going with bosch my self I have not great luck with pc)
    ________
    Aprilia SMV750
    Last edited by RODDY; 01-22-2011, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Re: no ridgid router for Canadians

i when to the usa to get the makita 18v lxt 600 at hd. it is a 6 peace combo kit for 749 us, we where coming back from getting married in the st tomas. we drove to miami and back. so i picked up the kit as a gift to my self. in canada you can only get the lxt 400 combo 4 peace for 750 canadaian. that was last nov 06.

fastplumber out.

Comment

Re: no ridgid router for Canadians

Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post
        I had to cross the border to get my impact wrench.

No idea why we don't get certain tools here. Do they figure Canadians don't need routers or impact wrenches?
        The CSA has determined that it is not safe for Canadians to use some power tools. Hence, they are blocked from being brought into the country for your own good. The Canadian Health Ministry may have had a hand in it too, trying to keep the number of emergency room visits down.

But seriously, it does not make any sense why they choose not to offer some products in the RIDGID line. Least that I can see from a consumer vantage point.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
        X