X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no ridgid router for Canadians

Just got an email back from a Ridgid Rep - HD Canada chose not to pick up the Ridgid router so they will not be for sale here.

I was gonna buy one too!

Well I guess I'll have to go with the freud ft1700.

Don't understand the logic of offering different product lines to U.S. and Canada.

Very strange.

Comment

Make the trek to Buffalo, there is an HD about 2 miles accross the Lewiston Bridge. I cross boarder shop on a regular basis. The Ridgid tools are normally cheaper in the US.
      JC

Comment

The freud is a very nice router. Simple clean design. Pleasant to use.
        I've used the bosch, it is also very nice.
        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Ended up getting the Bosch myself.

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
          The freud is a very nice router. Simple clean design. Pleasant to use.
          I've used the bosch, it is also very nice.
          With the $50 off deal on Amazon it ended up being less expensive...more accessories available.

Comment

Does anyone know what the Home Depot product number is for the Ridgid router combo? I am about an hour away from the buffalo border and would consider checking the Home Depots in that area to see if they have it in stock. It is not available online at their website.

Comment

No need ..I managed to get the sku#

Comment

that just suxs.....
                that router looks great but......I guess it will not make it to my job box
                what routers have above the table height adjustment?
                ________
                FJ600
                Last edited by RODDY; 01-22-2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

lots now

freud Ft1700
                  bosch 1617EVS
                  porter cable 895PK
                  there is a trition one too i think

Comment

I had to cross the border to get my impact wrench.

No idea why we don't get certain tools here. Do they figure Canadians don't need routers or impact wrenches?

Comment

Give things time and I bet before too long you'll be able to buy them up in Canada. The CSA safety standards are somewhat different than here in the USA for our's. And, to be fair to the nice people of Canada the instructions need to be in both English and French. Down here in the USA I'm seeing many instruction manuals for new products (all kinds) in English, French and Spanish.

Comment

I been looking at all 3 HD's by me and still no ridgif router here in MI. I really like it and wish to get one also but i cant find the darn thing grr!

Comment

Does any one know if you can order one from a hd in usa to have ship to canaidain address? or is there any were else you can order 1 from?

just would like to know ( im might be in the market cuzz i have a dieing pc 7518)
                          ________
                          extreme q vaporizer
                          Last edited by RODDY; 01-22-2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

roddy

I tried this online with homedepot.com with no success, in fact the router wasn't even listed on their site. If you find a way, let me know.

Maybe we can get a whole group of canadians together and rent a bus, drive accross the country to pick people up, and head to the states to buy ridgid routers

I bought a Freud FT 1700 before the holidays, but it broke after 2 hours use. I returned it and got a new one, which didn't even get plugged in becasue i couldn't get it mounted in my table as the slots for the machine screws were not correct. I have since given up on Freud's routers as the quality control seems lacking. Think maybe I'll get the DeWalt DW618B3 or perhaps the bosch 1617EVSPK or maybe the PC 895PK.
                            Last edited by franklin pug; 01-11-2007, 11:54 AM.

Comment

If you do find a US company to buy from, make sure you don't ship across the border with UPS. You'll get bent over with their brokerage fees. If you live near a border and know someone stateside, the best bet is to ship to them and go pick it up. If not, use USPS and you'll pay a flat fee (was $5 last I did it but I heard it went up) for the brokerage.

Then you'll have to pay the appropriate taxes and duties.

Comment

Working...
                              X