X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OL50135W Twin Stack Compressor & Oil

I recently purchased the OL50135W and so far I am really pleased by it. The owners manual for the OL50135W twin-stack air compressor states that I must use synthetic 5W-40 oil. All compressor oil that I find is 10W-30. I may be able to find a synthetic automotive oil in 5W-40 locally but I have not yet checked. Does anyone know if I can use 10W-30 oil in this compressor? If not, is automotive, synthetic 5W-40 oil o.k.?

I asked this question through Ridgid's technical support e-mail address and was told that I need to redirect my question to the plumbing technical support. Oooook.

By the way, I like how easy it is to make fine adjustments in the output pressure with the regulator control. Much nicer than most. I like the collapsable handle for compact storage but it isn't long enough for us guys over 6 feet tall. I would like to see a telescopic handle with a quick-release telescopic latch just like the one used to lock the handle in the upright position.

The unit uses a swash plate for oiling so any oil that you can use in a lawnmower will work I believe numerous lock up problems are caused by the detergents in automotive oil but this is only anecdotal as I have not seen any support of this other than my own observations.

Comment

I just purchased this compressor and had to add oil before I started it for the first time. I read the manual and found that it just says to add 5w-40 synthetic oil. It doesn't state what type. I went ahead and bought synthetic automotive oil and haven't had any problems. They can't hold something against you if they don't specify it in their manual.
      Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Re: OL50135W Twin Stack Compressor & Oil

Anyone have more details about this compressor? I'm looking for the dimensions and the weight, but they aren't listed.

Comment

It weighs in at a hefty 90# (est). What other details are you looking for?
          Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

I actually went out an bought the OL50135AL instead. The one with the wheels was so heavy so I bought with the one with the aluminum tanks which weighs about half as much.
            Last edited by contractorpro; 01-21-2007, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X