X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Select & 18V batteries

Do the new Max Select tools work with all 18V batteries? I purchased the old 18V 1/2 compact drill, but it's got non-max batteries. I'm wondering if they're safe to work with the max select tools too (or if they'll work at all).

Yes...you will just get considerably less runtime out of them.

If I recall, the older 18 volt batteries were only 1.2 or 1.4 Amphrs. In comparison the MaxHC are 1.9AmpHrs. There is also the Max2.5 which is the largest of the NiCds. The 24 volt Lithiums are 3AmpHrs...not sure what the 18 volt Lithiums will be when they arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
      If I recall, the older 18 volt batteries were only 1.2 or 1.4 Amphrs. In comparison the MaxHC are 1.9AmpHrs. There is also the Max2.5 which is the largest of the NiCds. The 24 volt Lithiums are 3AmpHrs...not sure what the 18 volt Lithiums will be when they arrive.
      Disaster-

I'm fine with less run time, I just want to know if the tools will work with them. My guess is that they will. However, I've been reading some things that only refer to the Ridgid "Max" batteries as being compatible with the Max Select stuff. For example, when you select each individual "Max Select" tool, and look at the "Specs" it only refers to "2.5Ah 18V Ni-Cad"

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin2025 View Post
        ....I've been reading some things that only refer to the Ridgid "Max" batteries as being compatible with the Max Select stuff. For example, when you select each individual "Max Select" tool, and look at the "Specs" it only refers to "2.5Ah 18V Ni-Cad"
        The MaxSelect just refers to tools that are compatible with 24 and 18 volt batteries. The previous 18 volt tools...even the ones before the MaxHC are all compatible with the three different 18 volt batteries.

Comment

Working...
        X