Clear All

• Panasonic Li-ion Impact Driver

Panasonic is now into the Lithium batteries for their tools,
    looks sweet, expensive$$$

EY7540LN2S
    14.4V Li-ion Impact Driver Kit

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...00000000005702
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jaco; 11-30-2006, 05:58 PM.

Finally...but $425!!!!!

Yowsa that price...about double what the 18V Makita costs.

Hey...just noticed the words on the side of the Panasonic drill "Brushless Motor." That is a nice plus. Motor will run longer on a charge and never need service.

Strange that there is no brushless motor in the new drill. Probably because it is more expensive to create a variable speed controller for a brushless motor...further adding to the cost.

If Panasonic offered this in a set for $350-$400 I'd seriously be tempted.

Last edited by Disaster; 11-30-2006, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
      Yowsa that price...about double what the 18V Makita costs.

I thought that was mighty high too, until I started to check it out
      a tad further and found it going for about $320.00 (charger and 2 batteries). About the same as H.D. price for a Makita Lithium 18 volt.
      It dawned on me that the Panasonic website is selling it at the manufacture's (Panasonic) suggested price.
      http://www.toolup.com/productinfo_fr...AdCamp=Froogle

Comment

Better...but you can get the Makita drill and driver for $300

Amazon deal gets you the Makita hammer drill and impact driver for $350-$50 off using NOVTOOLS coupon....one day left. Offer is the same but the new coupon is DECOFFER.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000030401

Last edited by Disaster; 12-01-2006, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Looks like Panasonic will be adding more Li-Ion to their line-up...including 24 volts

7.2V to 24 v charger!!!

Comment

Panasonic offers both...$379.95

Disaster, your Christmas present may be around the corner

Panasonic EYC140B 14.4 Volts Cordless Lithium-Ion Driver Drill & Impact Combo Kit.....Our Price: $379.95

http://www.acetoolonline.com/Panason...an-eyc140b.htm
            Last edited by jaco; 11-30-2006, 11:49 PM.

Comment

D_mn you!!!

Originally posted by jaco View Post

Panasonic EYC140B 14.4 Volts Cordless Lithium-Ion Driver Drill & Impact Combo Kit.....Our Price: $379.95

D_mn you!!! Must resist....must resist. I've been waiting for the little Makita 14.4 set to come to the States but this one looks really nice...especially like the multi-torque level impact, with high, medium and soft setting. Would probably use this 95% of the time over the Ridgid 24 volt...rarely need that power and would much rather lug around a 3.5lb drill than a 7.5lb one.
              Last edited by Disaster; 11-30-2006, 11:59 PM.

Comment

digital clutch?

does the LI model have the digital clutch like the ni cad model? I didn't see it mentioned on the panasonic site.
                A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                  does the LI model have the digital clutch like the ni cad model? I didn't see it mentioned on the panasonic site.
                  I don't think so, otherwise they would mention it as it would add to their
                  sales.

Comment

clutch

i think that clutch would have sold me on the ion package

Comment

PANASONIC, really the best ive seen by far!!!

I went to the store the other day and picked up the panasonic impact and drill combo. WOW, is all i can think of to write. In the store i had the opportunity to look at the hitachi ion, the makita ion, Hilti and panasonic ion.
                      the panasonics are smooth in and out. its not to hard to see the build quality is excellent. First thing I noticed is how incredibly light these are! The drill only 3.5 lbs and impact 3.1 lbs! even the drill was like holding a 9 volt (my 12 v craftsman is heavier). The impact driver is very impressive pushing 1330 in.lbs. with a brushless motor, nice! This power can also be controled with the three power settings (low,med,high) I can see where this would be a nice feature with the high setting being so powerful. I did some sheet rock with it today and set to med. Low would have been fine but the impact kicks in to early and it was alot slower. The high setting was a little harder to control (buried a few) so med. worked perfect. The whole handle is a rubber material and feels great in my hand. The light is located in a good spot (below) but not to bright. the belt clip is adjustable and works well. The drill/driver has the same fit and feel of the impact and almost the same wieght too. It doesnt have the power of the 18v (560in.lbs.) only 390 in.lbs but it works for me. I wasnt sure if the 14.4 volt power would be enough but really it is. Whatever the drill cant do the impact does with ease. 14.4 is small, light and lasts real long. The one thing that is great on this drill is the light. for some reason its at least twice as bright as the impact. On both the light can be turned on or off (its not automatic). These panasonics also have a warning light if the tool starts to over heat. Thats all for now, i didnt get c ahnce to put them to some reall work yet but i am very pleased with these products so far.
                      I must say i really did like the hilti. It felt great in my hand. Put out 150-200 in lbs. less than the others. The weight was light using NiHa but it was with a smaller 2.0 battery. the 3.0 batt was an upgraded option. I liked the 3 lights it had they were so bright! It also had two speeds to choose from. No belt clip was a let down. The quailty of them looked like the panasonic which id definately say would be a step up from the hitachi and makita.
                      The makita felt good too. I really was going to get the 2 piece combe kit- its really the best bang for the buck out plus makita makes alot of other tools you might need to run on the same batteries ( im only in need of mostly drivers). The lights on the impact and drill were nice and bright. The belt clip was not as easy to use as the panasonic or hitachi. The impact was very light like the rest of the lithum ions. The drill was alot heavier (compared to the 14.4v) being an 18v but the ha mmer drill packed tons of power (560in.lbs!) I ll say it was a tough choice between this kit and the panasonic. Its a great price for the kit $299!
                      The hitachi felt ok in the hand and appeared to be of good quailty. I know some people who have these and love them. The adjustable light was located in a great spot below on the belt clip and could be turned on or off but had a yellow looking bug light and not as bright as makita. It also runs on a separate battery. The impact also had two speeds to choose from. The drill has tons of power (570 in.lbs!) like the makita. I would have a hard time choosing between the Hitachi and makita but the hitachi didnt offer a drill and impact kit. They also have a 5 year warranty!
                      Well I hope this helps. My search is over since i found the perfect kit by panasonic!

Comment

Panasonic

Good feedback, glad you enjoy the new tool, that's always a nice feeling.
                        I had a gut feeling the Panasonic is a nice tool, fit and feel wise, and the mechanics of it sound great. Have fun!!

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the report. Enjoy 'em.
                          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Follow Up...

So I put this tool to some (impact) use and think its great! First of all, I finished a whole 330 square ft basement with two batteries! Broke off two screw heads but stripped none. This is the best tool i have ever bought. Acually tool set, the drill is great for being so light and lasting so long. I was going to pawn my old 18v Dewalt but i'm keeping it around for tool comparisons for the boys! hehe

Comment

Re: Panasonic offers both...$379.95

Originally posted by jaco View Post

I didn't need it...but REALLY wanted it. The $360, (5% discount) with free shipping, at ToolUp was too much to resist. Time to start moving some of my other tools on Ebay.

Comment

Working...
                              X