Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stwwr10 View Post
    DEWALT's Warranty is transferable and they own their own service centers
    That's not entirely correct. While they do have a number of factory owned service centers they also have hundreds of independently owned authorized service centers.

As far as their warranty being transferable, that doesn't appear to be the case either. At least not according to this printed version of their warranty.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Re: Ridgid "Lifetime" Warranty

DONT EVER BUY Ridgid. they dont stand behind thier tools, the lifetime warranty id a lie. I bought the tools, sent in everything I was suppose to do and they still dont honor the product.

I sent in a drill to the "Authorized Service Center", found out it was a small mom and pop shop in a small town. Took over 4 months to get the tool back and all Ridgid would say is that they had no control over that because the shop was independent.

Now my batteries are dead and the information where I registered them on Ridgid's site has been changed to show that all tools only have 3 yr warranty and that my 3 years was up 2 months ago.

DONT EVER BUY Ridgid!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dontbuy View Post
        DONT EVER BUY Ridgid. they dont stand behind thier tools, the lifetime warranty id a lie. I bought the tools, sent in everything I was suppose to do and they still dont honor the product.

I sent in a drill to the "Authorized Service Center", found out it was a small mom and pop shop in a small town. Took over 4 months to get the tool back and all Ridgid would say is that they had no control over that because the shop was independent.

Now my batteries are dead and the information where I registered them on Ridgid's site has been changed to show that all tools only have 3 yr warranty and that my 3 years was up 2 months ago.

DONT EVER BUY Ridgid!!!
        why do i think there is more to your story?

Comment

I registered my tools when I purchased them. I logged in and my account is active and shows my tools that I have registered. The status shows that they are registered under the lifetime service agreement.

I have located a local repair center. I'm going to take my batteries, my registration number and ID to get them replaced. Will report back how things go.

BTW, I purchased a 24V combo kit in 2007. They have worked well until the batteries started to go. I would consider my use light and I use these tools one to two times per week.

If the battery replacement goes smooth, then I will consider this a great value that I have not seen offered anywhere else.

Comment

Have had good luck with Ridgid warranty claims in the past. It would appear that company policy has changed now. I can't get anywhere getting warranty repair/replacement on my 1/4 sheet palm sander. Yes, it was a fairly cheap tool, but not the cheapest on the market. The pad recently blew off of it and also the spring clip to hold the paper down inexplicably broke in half about a half hour earlier. Planned obsolescence?

Anyway took it into a place for repairs nearly 2 weeks ago, expecting they'd replace a $47 tool, seriously for this cost it can't be worth fixing. Yet that is what they want to do. OK, whatever, that is their call. Now they say have no paperwork on my claim and are "waiting on parts." Ridgid says "we have no control over how long they take."

Does this sound like the kind of people you want to deal with? Anybody considering a Ridgid purchase, here's a tip for you: Take half the purchase price and buy a cheap tool at Harbor Freight and flush the other half down the toilet. You'll end up right where I'm at. Out nearly fifty bucks and having to purchase a replacement tool.

Comment

Went to the repair shop. About 2 minutes to give them my paperwork (printed out from the Ridgid site) and they told me the new batteries would be there in about ten days.

We will see.

Comment

Finally after being on hold for 20 mins, a gentleman with a thick accent whom I could barely understand basically told me to shove it up my a$$.

Last dime Ridgid will ever see from me.

Comment

I just read all of your 17 other posts. What's up Dude? Same post in several different threads?

You're certainly not adding any value other than how not to deal with phone support and your local repair shop.

While I have yet to draw a conclusion about the battery replacement that I'm currently working on, I'm hoping to help other people by demonstrating how to get the replacement done properly.

What's your point? Actually, please ignore that question and go away.

Originally posted by Vanagas View Post
                  Finally after being on hold for 20 mins, a gentleman with a thick accent whom I could barely understand basically told me to shove it up my a$$.

Last dime Ridgid will ever see from me.

Comment

Well, I'll tell you I just recently had my 5" random orbit repaired for the 3rd time-circuit board replaced again. ( This was pretty surprising in that since the last repair it had seen minimal usage)

At this juncture, it's got to be a zero sum game for Ridgid but if they're willing to repair vs replace, I'll continue to visit my local Svc Center.

I don't purchase these tools because of the LSA, but I'm glad it's there when I need it.

Comment

thank you. Because your problems with your equipment is the exact reason why EasyCAM was designed using modular components which eliminate downtime and labor repair costs. I couldn't of said it better.

Comment

Originally posted by easycamrick View Post
                        thank you. Because your problems with your equipment is the exact reason why EasyCAM was designed using modular components which eliminate downtime and labor repair costs. I couldn't of said it better.
                        Spammer?......

Comment

Working...
                        X