Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very impressed with Ridgid MS:UV Miter Saw Utility Vehicle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very impressed with Ridgid MS:UV Miter Saw Utility Vehicle.

Just picked this one up after looking at several different options in miter saw stands. This is by far the best value. Love how quickly it folds for transport and storage. Really easy to cart around with those 10" wheels.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/AC9940-MSUV/

$150 at brick and mortar HD.

Only glitch was bolts were not long enough to mount Makita 12" compound miter....had to pick up some longer ones.

i have the same set-up....makita 12" csms on the msuv.

i had a difficult time placing the saw because of the moveable parts underneath, but after some time, i got it situated.

it rocks....and i only paid $90 for mine

did you register it for the lsa?

Comment

There seems to be a little problem with this new upgrade that won't allow me to get into my eBox so I can't say with 100% certainty but I don't think that the MSUV qualifies for the LLSA Program.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

BD,

I can vouch for the MSUV's LSA, as I have one registered.

Comment

Cheeky, I also have a MSUV registered in my eBox. However, IIRC, the tools I have registered that qualify for LLSA say just that but the ones that are only covered by the Ridge/Emerson warranty, like the MSUV, don't. I believe you can register any Ridgid tool in your eBox but that doesn't automatically qualify them for the LLSA.

EDIT: Are you able to access your eBox?
          Last edited by BadgerDave; 12-09-2006, 12:22 PM.
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but this stand says that it is not made for handling any sliding miter saw. Is that correct?

Comment

No reason for it not to work with sliding miter saws.

Originally posted by stwwr10 View Post
              Correct me if I am wrong but this stand says that it is not made for handling any sliding miter saw. Is that correct?
              In fact, it is predrilled to work with the Ridgid line. I've mounted a Makita on it. It is pretty hefty...especially with a 70 lb. saw mounted to it.

Comment

Can you tell me if the stand has stops on the work support so you can use them for repetitive cuts. I really like the design of the stand.

Thanks,
                Mark

Comment

The MSUV does have a stop capability that would work OK for construction/jobsite cuts where precise accuracy isn't mandatory. It's far to easy for the stop to move a little for me to trust them for woodworking purposes.

The stop system on the MSUV is part of the rollers that are located at either end of the MSUV.

Comment

Yes, you can raise the supports and use them as stops.

Originally posted by mgary View Post
                    Can you tell me if the stand has stops on the work support so you can use them for repetitive cuts.
                    Yes, you can raise the supports and use them as stops (there is an L-shaped piece of metal on the inside of the support.) However, keep in mind because of the width of the supports...which have to be outside the width of the table surface...you are limited to about 1-1,1/2 foot long to maybe 5 feet (support fully extended) and, of course, than you won't have a rolling support on that side.

If you look close at the picture you can see the L-shaped lip on the supports.

Comment

I also got the MSUV when I got my Ridgid SCMS. It works great. Once set up it is strong and easy to use. I like it better then other MS stands. I must say great work by Ridgid.

Comment

Cheeky,

Where did you get it for $90 and can anyone tell me if it is OK to store the Miter Saw in the Vertical Position for long periods of time or if that is only for transporting purposes.
                        Little River Bed and Breakfast, Peterborough NH

Comment

HD had the MSUV on sale several months ago for $99 which is when I bought mine. Word on this forum is that sale may happen once a year or so. Although I don't at the moment, I have left my MSUV with saw mounted in the vertical position for weeks at a time with no issues at all. I will say I only have a 10" compound miter saw attached an not a large SCMS or planer as others do.

WWS
                          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I also bought the MSUV when it was on sale for $99. I love it. It is easy to use and load by yourself. However, when stored in the vertical position, the saw does seem to lose its bevel. I have the Ridgid 12in on it and I always check to make sure the blade is true when I get ready to use it.

Comment

Working...
                            X