X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Ridgid

First let me start off by saying that I have no problems with my tools, so with that being said, I would like to thank your company on the BAD TASTE you've left in my mouth. I had nothing but good things to say about your company and the power tools I've purchased (tablesaw, 12" sliding compound saw and planer). But when I try to get customer satisfaction, basically you tell me it was nice doing business. I sent in my UPC's, copy of my original reciepts and never heard anything from your company. So when I bought my planer I resubmitted a copy of that reciept (now faded beyond hope) so I can get the LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT, along with the reciept of my new purchase. And still no response. So when I finally get in touch with customer service, (because of my work hours I couldn't call before) all I get is the 3 year warranty that comes with purchases and the warranties on both saws are about to expire based on the S/N. And on my planer which is just over a year old the same thing applies, because the purchase was just after April of '05... so how does HOME DEPOT avertise LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT? Any tool you buy now it doesn't apply.
    So spending over $1500 and asking for a customer courtesy shouldn't have been to much to ask for. Thanks for your lack of customer concern. I will post a copy of this letter on every woodworking forum I can find and start with yours.

SD SNYDER
    mr_sherman_snyder@msn.com

The Lifetime Service Agreement is still offered by Ridgid. If I were you, I would register your products here (first register for My eBox and then follow the steps to register each individual tool):
    https://www.customernation.com/pls/p...&p_supergroup=

then resubmit photcopies of your upc's and sales receipts to the address that is supplied after you register on My eBox.

If your receipts are blurred, try getting another printed from Home Depot.

Comment

If you followed all of the steps correctly, you shouldn't have had any problems registering your tools for the LLSA Program. Cheeky's advise is sound, I suggest you follow it.

PS: What's up with posting the same rant in 5 different forums? A tantrum like that will get you very little sympathy here.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 12-12-2006, 05:46 PM.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yeah.. what cheekymonkeywrench said.

BTW... I deleted your other posts. Please dont see this as me censoring or cutting out bad posts. We just dont need the same exact message posted in every section of the forum.

Plus it should be easily resolved by registering your tools in "MyEbox" sending stuff into customer service wont accomplish registering for the LSA.

Josh

Comment

So how come he waited until the warranty is about to expire before he contacted customer service. Sounds a little suspicious to me. If he is so diligent about registering things why did he not follow up on it prior to a year and a half (apr 2005) elapsing? His whole post sounds a little off. Sounds more like he failed to register the tools and now feels that if he makes enough of a stink that he will get LSA on his tools.

Just my opinion of course.

Ken

Comment

Good Ridgid

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            PS: What's up with posting the same rant in 5 different forums? A tantrum like that will get you very little sympathy here.
            either will paying full retail

Comment

Just a hunch, but I think he works for "Woodcraft"!

Comment

In California and many other states you are not required to register a product to receive service under a warranty. It is the law. Find out what the law is in your state before you go through the hassle of registration.
                I recently had an ovenI bought at Sears break down under warranty, I called for service and they said it wasn't registered with them and wouldn't service it until it was registered. I told them I have a receipt and am not required to register it. They sent a repairman out. These companies know which states they can play this game in.
                www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

To the best of my knowledge the Ridgid Lifetime Service Agreement is not a warranty. It is an additonal Service agreement offered by Ridgid upon registrations and completion of the requirements and is not connected to their warranty. While you may not have to register for the warranty I believe that you must register for the LSA as it is not a warranty and therefore is not covered by that ruling. YMMV

Ken

Comment

How do you tell if the LSA is applied?

I have several items in my Ebox. I did all the stuff and it says registered. How do I tell if the LSA has been applied?

Comment

Bad Ridgid

It will say Warranty Period: Limited Lifetime Service Agreement . When you first register online I think it gives you the 3 year warranty and after Ridgid receives your UPC and receipt they change it to LSA. (after it sits in the mail pile for 4-10 weeks).

Comment

I had the same experience as Woodcraft. I dutifully filled out all the little forms and mailed them in and got no acknowledgement or response of any kind on two out of three - tablesaw, planer and jointer. I have a hard time believing the US mail is at fault. I didn't save photocopies of the paperwork, but I have my doubts they would acknowledge a second round of paper correspondance anyway. I really like my tools and hope they will last forever, because their lifetime service agreement wasn't worth a dime to me. I will certainly keep this in mind on future purchases.

Comment

Called Service

I called the service line and they said they were behind on opening the mail and posting the LSA's. They said as long as I registered online there would not be a problem. I did keep copies and will resubmit if I do not see the LSA by January.

Comment

I have the bandsaw and the jointer and I made photocopies of everything first,took pictures of the boxes and closeups of the upc code labels, for my records, then I sent it all by registered mail to make SURE they recieved it. Months ago, still NO "lsa "listed on either. But I got my *ss coverd if they ever try to pull the ol "you didnt send it in" line on me.
                            Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                            I called the service line and they said they were behind on opening the mail and posting the LSA's. They said as long as I registered online there would not be a problem. I did keep copies and will resubmit if I do not see the LSA by January.

Comment

Guys, I am checking into this. I'll see whats up and what can be done about not having the original reciepts anymore.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                              X