X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal Maintenance on Makita LS1013L Miter Saw

In particular, what should be lubricated and do you have to take it apart to get to what needs lubricating?

Originally posted by brettmoran View Post
    In particular, what should be lubricated and do you have to take it apart to get to what needs lubricating?

I have the same saw, I have not used mine extensively. I would suggest to look at the manual that came with your saw and see what maintenance
    they prescribe if any. I don't have my manual handy, but if I find mine
    sooner than later I'll look into what Makita suggests and get back to you.

I found it!!
    I looked at the manual that came with the saw and they suggest lubricating the sliding portions with machine oil to prevent rust. Nothing more.

Saw dust is going to be present most anywhere on the saw, to cut down on dust, use a vac, attached to the dust port and after use, blow out the rest with a air compressor, I personally don't get too close to any motor housing as I fear I may blow saw dust into areas that dust may harm the motor. (users with more expertise, please correct me).
    Unless something is out of whack and causing you concern, I would leave it be. Then again you may talk to a Makita
    repair center over the phone and they may give more insight. I did this once before regarding a different tool and they actually were friendly & helpful.
    Last edited by jaco; 12-17-2006, 02:44 AM. Reason: more information

Comment

I have the same saw and all I do is brush off the saw dust with a paint brush and vacuum after each use.
      What pisses me off is that the tab behind the left swivel fence somehow broke off!

Comment

Makita LS1013L Miter Saw

Owner's manual: http://www.makita.com/assets_product...LS1013L_OM.pdf

Parts list and drawings: http://www.makita.com/assets_product...LS1013L_PB.pdf

I hope this helps some. Both are good to have near your saw.

Comment

Working...
        X