Which staple gun?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which staple gun?

Would like to buy a new staple gun. Electric prefered, could use air. Had a Arrow ETFX50. Jambed alot. Returned it. Help me on new purchase. Have a finish nailer, so do not need that feature. Thanks, jps

The best advice I can give you is, DON'T buy an electric stapler gun. They are notorious for leaving the staple standing proud.

If money is a concern, and when isn't it, then I'd suggest you look at the Harbor Freight 40073 1/4" crown stapler. If you don't use a stapler all that often, this one will serve you well. I've had mine for awhile now and it's worked flawlessly every time I've used it.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

You didn't say what your uses are, so I will tell you about a Porter Cable for upholstery, screen etc. Air operated and works great. (Amazon handles it and three diffent length staples) I also have a Campbell Hausfield (air) 1/4 inch crown stapler for wood, etc. Works great, too. HTH, Jim

Comment

Electric staplers are mostly junk - nine times out of ten they leave the heads proud and you have to finish them off with a hammer.
        I have a Porter-Cable 1/4" crown pneumatic stapler that works great for most projects. I guess it depends on what you plan to staple...

Comment

Which stapler? uses

Sorry I should have been a little more clear on my question. Sounds like the electric is not the one to buy! Like was said in the replys. Have to finish with a hammer. Will be using mostly for installing fiberglass insulation. 1/4" staples are used the most. Some 3/8 and 1/2". Looks like I need an air operated one. Now, can I get some ideas from you fellows on which one to buy? The harbor freight idea didn't sound to bad. Would like some other options, please! TIA jps

Comment

Which staple??

Just thought of another question. Have been using T50 staples. Arrow or 5019 Bostich. How do you tell which staple these different staplers use? TIA jps

Comment

stapler

i think u will need a 1/2 crown staple....hp has one i believe for 19 dollars..make sure u buy enough staples,,,,,dont kbow if any one else has then,,it also says standard staples,, but be on the safe side Good Luck ....tom

Comment

jps, If you look at Amazon and do a search on their site for "upholstery stapler", you will see the Porter Cable I have (sorry, I don't know the model number off hand) It's the only PC that they have for upholstery. They also list the staples right there, I bought all three sizes. 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" Does a fantastic job on screen, insulation, upholstery, etc. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                  The best advice I can give you is, DON'T buy an electric stapler gun. They are notorious for leaving the staple standing proud.

If money is a concern, and when isn't it, then I'd suggest you look at the Harbor Freight 40073 1/4" crown stapler. If you don't use a stapler all that often, this one will serve you well. I've had mine for awhile now and it's worked flawlessly every time I've used it.
                  Not exactly true.
                  If you use the correct length staple intended for the job, they work just fine.
                  If you try and use the stapler for other jobs than intended, they will leave you disappointed. Remember, it is a stapler tool, not a heavy duty nail or tacker gun. Use it for the intended purpose and they are great. I got the Craftsman Easyfire (Powershot) and it is a great tool.

Comment

Working...
                  X