Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a ridgid 10 inch table saw ts3650, seems comments on this site where more pro than con because of price. I received a $200.00 credit after purchasing commercial credit card At Home Depot. Being a newbie I would like to know your opions on a dust collector for this saw and what you might be using. Cost would be a factor. Is it possible to use a trash bag with a clamp? Any opions or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    WAXMAN

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Waxman,

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new table saw.

Regarding your question about using a trash bag attached to the exhaust shute of your saw, I don't believe that will work. Vacuum bags and other collection systems require a bag that filters the air exhaust, allowing the air to escape and filtering (and collecting) the sawdust, thus keeping it in the bag. With a plastic bag, it will simply work like a balloon, trapping the air to a point where it will reach an internal pressure that will balance and overcome the saw's ability to push more air into the bag.

I don't use a dust collector system (yet), but do use a shop vac. Problem with that is that it can fill rather quickly if doing a lot of cutting. There is a dust collection thread already in progress under the "Tips and Techniques" heading: http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9090

Merry Christmas,

CWS
    Last edited by CWSmith; 12-20-2006, 12:33 PM.

Comment

The 3650 has so many holes that air would not be an issue.
      A trash bag would pretty much only catch chips and large dust particles, the smaller ones would end up all over your shop and in your lungs. I have a good DC yet I still use a respirator since my saw(ridgid 3612) is not the greatest saw to use with a DC, even with most of the holes plugged up.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I use a shop vac connected to the dust port on mine at the moment. I would say if cost is a factor, that would be the cheapest approach and probably work better than just a trash bag as others have already mentioned. A good DC system would probably be better, but could require additional effort and setup to get good dust collection on your saw as others here have done. I will eventually end up going that route next year as my shop comes together.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Welcome and congrats on the new saw. As others have replied, I use a Ridgid shop vac attached to the dust port on mine. And I do agree with CWSmith, it fills rather quickly. I'm looking into a DC system for next year.

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year
          If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

Working...
          X