X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R844 Balde Orientation

Hi I went to use my R844 Reciprocating saw for the first time and I noticed that the chuck is mounted upside down. That is when I lock the blade in the teeth are pointing up. The manual doesnt't offer any instruction on how to change the orientation of the chuck. Was this mounted incorectly from the factory or can you change the position of the chuck for different cutting angles? If so how?

Thanks,
    Jeff

The blade will go in both ways, teeth up or down.

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
      The blade will go in both ways, teeth up or down.
      Hi Wayne,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately the blade will not go in both ways. I have tried repeatedly and nothing I can do will get the blade to lock with the teeth in the down position. It seems as if it wont slide in far enough for the ball to lock in. Also this tool is 2 years old. I dont know if that makes a difference.

Jeff

Comment

Its about the same age as mine. Have a look into the chuck there must be something stuck in it preventing the tit on the blade from going all the way in. The chuck should be totally open except for the cross bar that the blade rests in directly under the ball

Comment

Personally I rarely use in the "right" way. Its a lot easier to use it teeth up.
          Colorado Deck and Framing - When perfection is demanded

Comment

Working...
          X