Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitachi vs. Makita impact drivers (Late models)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitachi vs. Makita impact drivers (Late models)

Hitachi vs. Makita impact drivers (Late models)

So Ive been searching for an impact driver and weight is a big issue since I might be buying a drill with it (i dont want more than one charger). So the lithium ion batteries that came out are perfect. I got it down to 2 different companys but dont see any comparisons on these two. Id like to know what people like or dislike about the Makita and the Hitachi from personal use.

I really liked the Hitachi for its selectable speeds, more power and the lighting system. I never held it though.
    The Makita feels great in my hand and has a LXT202 kit that comes with a hammer drill for only $299!

I need help making a decision since I will be buying other tools down the road to use with these batteries.
    Thanx for any info!

look at torque rating, and tool quality

then buy the makita

Comment

The Hitachi has more torque than the Makita as far as the impact drivers go.

I also thought the Panasonic was an interesting choice untill I heard they dont take any drops to well.

Comment

I own the New Makita Lithium impact driver (18 volt) and have used it to set over 1000 screws and I have had no problem with it. I have not dropped it, so as in a "IMPACT DROP" I don't know how it will hold up
        What I really dig about it is that it has a L.E.D. job light, and it stays on at full brightness for about 10 seconds and after 15 seconds it shuts off, it really has come in handy in dark areas. What I mean to say is that after pressing the trigger and releasing the trigger (tool not running) the light stays on for a total of 15 seconds. Mine is a "Made In Japan" model,
        the newer ones are "Made In China" models. Also the motor is a four pole motor compared to all other brands being a two pole motor.
        I used to own a 12 volt Makita model and it gave me no grief either, even at 12 volts there was more than enough torque to drive screws or lag screws with no problem, I'm not a raving Makita fan but these particular tools have served me well enough to recommend to anyone. I like the looks of the Hitachi, have not used one though.

Comment

Don't know the torque on the hitachi but as far as impact drivers are concerned anything around 1000-1200 in/lbs is average and right around the sweet spot. You actually don't want that much torque in an impact driver unless you plan on stripping screws or ripping their heads off. If you need more torque the correct tool is an impact WRENCH with a square drive head.

Comment

I saw the new Makita Lithium-Ion at H.D. today and it was $330!
            I have a Bosch Impactor that I'm very happy with...

Comment

$330 at HD but if you look you'll find the impact driver with hammer drill combo for $299 for both!!! LXT202 is the model number. Glad to see that the set I like is being highly recommended but it makes me curious about the Hitachi because I know they are a leader in some of their other tools.

Also when I went to HD they had the Hilti rep. in and he was trying to tell me his Hilti's are the tool kings in every tool. We compared numbers and he said that the Hilti's are way under rated. What do you think of those Hilti's?

Comment

Hilti is top quality but I wouldn't say "tool king" - that title belongs to Festool!

Comment

hilti vs. makita then?

Comment

I'll take Hilti.
                    Not a makita fan...

Comment

Depends on the tool, but for drills and drivers, Panasonic is King!

Panasonic drills are incredible. Likewise, their drivers lead the way in durability and features including 3 levels of impact and revolution control. Don't hear much about their other tools...though they do offer some sets with skill saw, reciprocating saw and light. Their big hammer drill gets great reviews too.

this one.

also like this one with brushless motor...but no digital clutch (has impact control but no revolution control.)

Last edited by Disaster; 12-30-2006, 11:37 PM.

Comment

so the new panasonic is lighter and more powerful but without the clutch? Why would panasonic take away its best feature? So the older panasonic is really the better choice, right?

Comment

Originally posted by screwit View Post
                          so the new panasonic is lighter and more powerful but without the clutch? Why would panasonic take away its best feature? So the older panasonic is really the better choice, right?
                          My guess is they got rid of it because it has something to do with the brushless motor design, or to reduce the electronics/cut costs...

I've never tried the Panasonic impact drivers, but I've used a Panasonic 12 volt 1/2" drill on several occasions and found it to be well balanced and provide decent performance.

Comment

hilti,they have very well built tools(HAMMER drills)and alot of other types.i have never seen an impact driver.and every time i try to repair a screwgun the customer scraps it because of the high cost of parts.i think the rest fall in line at a pretty equal comparisions.(Makita,MIlwaukee,dewalt ect...) if you takecare of it, it will take care of you.
                            A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

This thread should've been Panasonic vs Makita

Ok so maybe This thread should've been Panasonic vs Makita. It seems like Makita is a better on the job tool but the Panasonic is far more advanced. And im still confused about the old vs new panasonic, which one is the better of the two?

Comment

Working...
                              X