X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid 18 volt hammer drill/recip saw combo, battery release problems

Has anyone had problems with battery release on their 18 volt hammerdrills or recip saws? Mine is new and you better have some stronge arms and wrist to remove the batteries, I have my guys bringing me the tools to get the batteries out, Do I have a defective combo unit or is this a real manufacturing defect? thanks, Chuck

My recip saw nor hammer drill seem to have to have the battery release problem. However to be honest my hammer drill usually stays in the bag as my 14.4 Ridgid usually is the one due to size, weight, and batteries.

Is it the releases on the side that are hard to push in or the actual removal of the battery?

Comment

Do you have the problem even when fully depressing the tabs?

On some drills you only have to apply a little pressure on the battery release tabs. I've noticed the Ridgid batteries require a bit more travel (though not necessarilly more force) to ensure release. Check to see if you are squeezing the tabs till they hit the stops.

Comment

Originally posted by tbascom View Post
        My recip saw nor hammer drill seem to have to have the battery release problem. However to be honest my hammer drill usually stays in the bag as my 14.4 Ridgid usually is the one due to size, weight, and batteries.

Is it the releases on the side that are hard to push in or the actual removal of the battery?
        The side release buttons go in as far as possible, the problem is when trying to pull the battery free?

Comment

Yes the tabs are pushed in all the way, but the battery seems to be catching on something?

Comment

mine is sometimes hard to release also. The other day I was on the ladder and the battery died I asked the wife to change the battery and she couldn't get it off. I got off the ladder and took it right off. I think it is probably just diff from what you are used to. Ie buttons have to be pushed in and then pull not pull and push buttons in at the same time. Oh I have the 24 volt.

Comment

Good point...

Originally posted by stoner51 View Post
              mine is sometimes hard to release also. I think it is probably just diff from what you are used to. Ie buttons have to be pushed in and then pull not pull and push buttons in at the same time.

Good point...if you try to pull the battery off before completely depressing buttons it will hang up. I have had it seem to "catch." I push the battery back in, all the way, then press the buttons, then it slides right off. If the battery is backed up against the tabs it doesn't release well.

Comment

Working...
              X