X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid planer and combo kits

Looking for input from people who have and use the ridgid planer. I am looking at getting a planer this year with taxes and want to know as much ins outs about the ridgid brand. I have done lots of research but I want to hear from actual users of this product.Is blade change easy/hard? Is depth adjustment good or is there some "play" in the adjustment wheel? Stuff like that is what i am searching for. thxs in advance.
    Secondly, is the combo 18volt kit going to better than just getting the drill and 2 batteries? How many batteries does the combo kit include? ( I can't seem to find where it says how many are included) Does the 6.5 saw really hold up? How long is battery life with moderate use ?( I love the 20 min recharge feature)
    I have the ryobi 18+ combo kit now and really only use the drill . I found the saw simply kills the batteries in just a few cuts .( thats sad ) I am going to be in the buying market within 2 months and need all the input i can get. I have bought and use ( almost daily) the ts3650 and simply LOVE it. I have been in construction pretty much my whole life and went from dewalt tools to crapsman and ryobi now that i work from home. I really want an upgrade and hope that ridgid can comply as they did with my new TS.

Originally posted by hellcatt200 View Post
    ....is the combo 18volt kit going to better than just getting the drill and 2 batteries? How many batteries does the combo kit include? ( I can't seem to find where it says how many are included) Does the 6.5 saw really hold up? How long is battery life with moderate use ?( I love the 20 min recharge feature)
    I have the ryobi 18+ combo kit now and really only use the drill . I found the saw simply kills the batteries in just a few cuts .( thats sad ) I am going to be in the buying market within 2 months and need all the input i can get. I have bought and use ( almost daily) the ts3650 and simply LOVE it. I have been in construction pretty much my whole life and went from dewalt tools to crapsman and ryobi now that i work from home. I really want an upgrade and hope that ridgid can comply as they did with my new TS.
    The combo kit includes a dual port fan cooled charger which charges faster and is easier on the batteries.

I have both the Ryobi 18V One+ kit and the Ridgid 18V and 24V kits. The Ridgid 18V definitely has more power and cuts longer than the Ryobi...especially with the 2.5AmpHr battery vs. the 1.7AmpHr battery that comes with the Ryobi kits. Having said that the saw will still drain a battery fast. I use my cordless saw more than I use my corded. Definitely a tradeoff in power but I like not having to haul out the extension cords.

Ridgid is much closer in quality to DeWalt, while Ryobi is similar to Black and Decker and Craftsman (in fact, Ryobi and Black and Decker make many Craftsman tools.)

Comment

I believe the charger you get will depend on the particular "combo" that you buy. I'm not really sure if you meant the large combo with several tools or one of the smaller combos that consists of just two or three tools.

Just before Christmas, I bought the 18-volt Hammer Drill/6-1/2 inch Circular Saw combo. It came with two 18-volt "Max" batteries and a single-port charger. The combo was $137. I believe the 18-volt X2 Hammer Drill sells for $250 separately. I have only seen the Circular Saw sold as part of a combo.

Likewise, I also bought the "Carpenter's Trim Combo", which was the pneumatically operated Straight Finish Nailer and the Brad Nailer. It also came with a 9.6 volt Pivot Screwdriver. Total was $118, which is only $9 more than the Brad Nailer costs by itself. Great deal. The Pivot Screwdrive came with one battery and a single-port charger.

Whatever you buy, don't forget to register it for the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. Only then, will you get lifetime service and parts replacement for just about everything, including motors, brushes, batteries, and chargers.

CWS

Comment

Working...
      X