Cordless bandsaw w/benchtop stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless bandsaw w/benchtop stand

These look to be fairly new. Anyone used or seen one?
    Somewhere I saw a stand to convert a Milwaukee bandsaw to benchtop use. I was searching for more information on it when I came across this.

http://www.stouttool.com/
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

I've seen the one for the Milwaukee and have no doubt that it would be a good tool. I have their corded version and it is an awesome tool.
    Not sure about the stout tool, who makes a 4-6 hour non diagnostic charger for a real tool these days, and only one battery? They do offer a 1 hour charger and two batteries but only with the complete kit.

Comment

I have a Milwaukee also Wayne, any idea where to get on of those bench-top stands to fit it? I looked on the web earlier today and didn't find any clues even to its existence.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I hope these links work OK.

The Milwaukee Portable Band Saw Stand is catalog number 48-08-0260 and it's on their web site. http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/weba...89312_127418_Y

If you go to this part of their site and look on the lower right of the home page, you should find where you can download their 2006-2007 catalog as an Adobe Acrobat file. http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/s...Index?ReadForm It's about 35 MB so it does take time to download. You can also call customer service and request that they mail you their catalog. 1-800-729-3878 and then listen to the menu prompts.

The portable bandsaws (corded) are on page 115 and accessories including the stand are on page 116. The cordless V28 bandsaw is on page 13 with no mention of a stand for it.

Corded models 6225, 6230 are 6236 are just the bandsaw and one band...models 6226, 6232 and 6238 include a case. Models with a -6 such as 6232-6 come with the instruction manual in English, French and Spanish. The -6 is for marketing.

I hope this helps. I'm not sure if the stand works with their cordless V28 series of bandsaws, but it does work for most of their corded models.

The bench top stand can be used with legs that you make out of 3/4 iron pipe. It looks nice in the catalog
        Last edited by Woussko; 01-04-2007, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X