TS3650 Cleaning help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Cleaning help

Hi all. I just got a TS3650 for X-mas and put it together alittle while ago. I will be going out to buy some Johnson's paste wax to seal it and keep it from rusting.

My questions are:

1. What are you supposed to use to clean off the oil/grease that comes on the cast iron tops before you use the Johnson's Paste wax?

2. I just noticed a very light haze of rust, where I was working with the tops in assembling it and must have rubbed the oil/grease right off of it. What should I use to get rid of it before I apply the wax?

Thanks for the help all. The assy instruction tips here saved me alot of time and frustration.

Mineral Spirits will remove the protective greasy stuff that came with your saw. As for the light rust, a little WD40 and some high grit sandpaper(220) should make quick work of that.

Welcome to the group and we'll be looking forward to you future posts.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I will pick up some mineral spirits tomm, along with the paste wax.

One last thing though, do I need to do anything after I clean the saw top with the mineral spirits before I coat it with wax? And how many coats should I use?

Thanks again.

Comment

Once you have saws table top cleaned up you don't need to do any further preparation to it before applying the Johnson's Paste Wax. You should apply as many coats of paste wax as needed to make the saws table top nice and slippery. I usually apply two or three coats of paste wax to my TS.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
          X