Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Aluminum 5 Gallon Twin Stack Compressor

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Aluminum...ack-Compressor

So, has anyone gotten one of these yet? would appreciate feedback review from those that have, is it noisy? how are the controls? is it light enough easier to move around than the Oil Lube Twinstack with wheels and handle?

I almost got one two weeks ago. I didn't get a chance to pick one up to see the difference in weight. I am sure it is akward to carry no matter what the weight. Both the aluminum twin stack and the oil lube twin stack list for $299. However, I happened to find the only HD in my area that had the oil lube marked down to $249. They only had one left that was new in the factory sealed box, so I grabbed it (cheaper, quieter and easier to move around...I couldn't resist).
    Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Re: Ridgid Aluminum 5 Gallon Twin Stack Compressor

I have one. It's not too loud. It's as loud as most compressors this type and size. It it lighter since it has the aluminum tanks. I was trying to decide between the one with the wheels(OL50135W) and this one, but the other one was just too heavy(over 90 pounds). The aluminum was light about half the weight (something like 56 pounds total). Making it much easier to lift in and out of my truck every day. So far it's worked great. Lot's of pressure and handles two framing nailers easily and doesn't cycle too many times.
      The OF45150 is like 20 pounds heavier (steel tanks)and about the same size, but only a 4.5 gallon tank.
      Last edited by contractorpro; 01-23-2007, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Re: Ridgid Aluminum 5 Gallon Twin Stack Compressor

Is it American made or overseas?

Comment

Working...
        X