X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Depot

I found this recently, an employee giving their opinion.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...a-news-comment

"Home Depot, deconstructed
    January 8, 2007

Re "$210 million to step aside," Jan. 4

As a Home Depot employee for 15 years, the last six under Chief Executive Bob Nardelli's watch have been the most disappointing. Although he presided over record sales and profits, the tangible benefits to the average worker were reduced to mediocre levels. While he was making $140 million to $200 million, the average worker's longevity bonus was removed, merit awards were taken away, a cap was placed on pay and our stock plan was altered in Nardelli's favor. Under his watch, we have seen our perks quietly taken away.

As a parting shot, Nardelli now walks away with $210 million. The stewards of our company made a costly mistake in keeping him so long, but alas we were the ones who had to pay. My hope is that we can start a new chapter in our company and try to reclaim some of the greatness lost under Nardelli's watch.

DANA BRANCH

Hawthorne"

I was at H.D. the other day and I was special ordering some doors, I brought up the subject of Nardelli leaving and the lady said she was sick of hearing about it. I told her that "I" am in favor of him leaving and the money would/should be better spent on retaining the good employees and hiring more good folks and that the higher moral of the company would be a long needed boost. She replied that's never going to happen.

I cannot predict the future but at least in my idealistic mind, it would be a good start.

Comment

what bad employers do to good employees

Originally posted by jaco View Post
      She replied that's never going to happen.
      sadly she may have been a long time employee with home depot she may feel like that dog you see at the pound ........ abused and yet still alive ,but not willing to trust anyone anymore.
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Re: What's with Home Depot?

Maybe they just change their business line to exercise equipments and thats why it became an exercise equipments store then .. hhmm ... until now its hard to find some home depot tools .. like just any other replies on the forums .. whew !
        It makes doing things easier

Comment

Originally posted by jaicee_o18 View Post
          Maybe they just change their business line to exercise equipments and thats why it became an exercise equipments store then .. hhmm ... until now its hard to find some home depot tools .. like just any other replies on the forums .. whew !
          Another two-year-old thread being revived...I guess it might be interesting to discuss the HD developments over the past couple of years.

Comment

I went to get information about the new granite top table saw (R-4511) and no one at Home Depot could give me any information. I went to 3 different H.D. stores and only had one person who would even take my name and number in order to try and get back with me about the saw. Ridgid says the saw is in production and that I can get one through H.D.. What's up with that, is there an alternative?

Allhike

Comment

Isn't Nardelli one of the car CEO'S asking congress for money to help them stay in business now?
              Last edited by Ronald; 01-18-2009, 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

he is heading up the company that took chrysler private. and i really, really used to like chrysler products!
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
                X