What's with Home Depot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with Home Depot?

I just got my January edition of the HD Newsletter and there wasn't a single tool advertised in it. I can understand storage solutions for after the holidays. How about some tools to build you're own storage solution? But the rest of the adverts were for exercise equipment. Come on. When did they start carrying exercise equipment?

sadly i remember home depot being advertised as a store that employed men and women from the trades and placed them in the isles they knew of now when i go to home depot i feel as though i am in a walmart with the tv, steroes, clothing, medacation, sodas and snacks, and now exercise equpment.) if the guy in chage thinks this is good bissness now i just wonder what he will think when he puts home depot up for chapter 11? in the last 5 years alone i have seen a huge differnce and now that lowes just opened up here i find my self spending more and more time there
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

New sheriff in town

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
      if the guy in chage thinks this is good bissness now i just wonder what he will think when he puts home depot up for chapter 11?
      There's a new guy in charge now. I hope this one cares about the customers more than his salary.

Comment

The guy who has been in charge for the last six years was finally dumped a couple of weeks ago. I would imagine it is going to take some time for a new management to be choosen and even more for them to turn this sinking ship around... if they know how.

I think what we have witnessed in the last couple of years is shortsighted management who feels the self-indulgent upper class is a much better market than just the working trades and the do-it-yourself homeowner.

CWS

Comment

While I hope never to see this, I have a gut feeling that before long Walmart may end up buying out Home Depot. Maybe they will be re named "Home-Mart" or Wal-Depot. Lowes has been in my area for a long time. More and more I see in their super stores all manor of items that really belong in other stores, but then 25 years ago the Lowes near me was more into appliances than building products or tools. Having been to several Home Depot and Lowes stores in my regional are, I can say that there are some big differences in both of them depending on the city and state where each store is located.
          Last edited by Woussko; 01-09-2007, 02:36 AM.

Comment

lowes is the better choice around here

Yes what is up with H.D.? I just went tonight to buy some steel studs and the closest one didnt even have them! Ok so the next one was another 15 minutes away. Walked in and they announce its closed at 9:00! I shopped for what i needed anyway, someone actually helped me so they could leave sooner, ha. So i get my 16 2.5 inch steel studs but they have no 2.5 inch tracks for them to sit in!!!! They werent even sold out, they didnt even have a spot for them. Who stocks the studs without stocking the tracks??? I'm thinking this isnt possible. I asked the guy in charge of the building suppies and he says "thats home depot for ya". unreal. Their tool section is just real cheesey too. Lowes is set up so much nicer with twice the amount of stuff. H.D. I hope you get your sh!t together!

Comment

Home Depot closes at 9pm ??? What the ____? All of them in my area were 6am - 10pm Monday through Saturday and 7 or 8am - 8pm on Sunday. Some time back a few of their "Super Stores" ran 24/7. Maybe now that it's 2007 they are cutting hours. I'll have to check this out the next time I go to Home Depot. The Lowes are much nicer. Cleaner, better lighting, stock not thrown all over and such. And unlike at several Home Depot locations near me, their (Lowes) parking lots are better kept too.
              Last edited by Woussko; 01-09-2007, 02:43 AM.

Comment

I am in same boat with yall. The HD by me ( all 3) all suck when it comes to getting decent help, or help in general. They have let customer service go out the window few yaers ago in my area also. I am glad I know what i need and where to find stuff without help. If i need help I usually go across the street from HD to Lowes and ask them. As far as the store staying to a store....I don't see Toy's-R-Us selling hex bolts. HD needs to stick to selling what made it HD and not TOYS. ( exercise shiit)Goes to show that HD does't listen as I have left many suggestions in that box and still deal with same problems.

Comment

Yeah, I've never gone to HD when looking to buy a TV... but lo and behold, they're selling them now. Weird.

Comment

I'm wonding if Home Depot has been bought out by "Evil & Greedy" so that the only thing they care about anymore is $$$ and nothing else. I may have to think of Home Depot as "YUPPIE DEPOT" or as I like to spell it "YUP-PEE DEPOT". Do any of you have ACE Home Centers near you? I have 2 of them, but they are 24 and 32 miles away. They are more like what I think of when I think of the older Home Depot and they do have customer service.

Comment

I really find it annoying that they've got those huge shopping carts with the plastic toy cars (etc) on them that young soccer moms with young crumb-cruncher are browsing the aisles ever so care-free - slowly up and down clogging up the ailses while holding up those of us with a load of plywood (or other building materials).
                      I've got nothing against the clients taking them there, but it IS a warehouse for building material (or it used to be ) and not a toy store, grocery store, or a Wal-Mart. It is not meant to be for a family outing. Try getting a babysitter next time.
                      Phil
                      Tools Rule

Comment

Hey now! Shouldn't every toddler have the chance to be Tony Stewart while their mom's try to figure out which light bulb is the right one?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG. View Post
                          a warehouse for building material (or it used to be ) and not a toy store
                          +yes it is and i have the bumper sticker to prove it lol
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I really find it annoying that they've got those huge shopping carts with the plastic toy cars (etc) on them that young soccer moms with young crumb-cruncher are browsing the aisles ever so care-free - slowly up and down clogging up the ailses while holding up those of us with a load of plywood (or other building materials).
                            I've got nothing against the clients taking them there, but it IS a warehouse for building material (or it used to be ) and not a toy store, grocery store, or a Wal-Mart. It is not meant to be for a family outing. Try getting a babysitter next time.
                            Don't get me wrong, I have a list a mile long about how The Home Depot has ticked me off and screwed me around. However, the concept of the company has always been to supply to the DIY homeowner and contractors. They are called "Home" Depot, for cryin' out loud. When I don't want to deal with the soccer moms and their crumb-crunching kids, I go to "The Uptight Contractor's Depot" twenty miles from home.
                            Last edited by joe_d; 01-09-2007, 05:18 PM.
                            Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Ummm...clears throat...decides not to say anything rude.
                              Part of the reason why I am as "handy" as my wife and others accuse me of being is directly a consequence of my Dad dragging us boys off to the Hechingers and letting us roam and discover at will. And ya know what....I now have a son of my own. I'll see you in the tool section or over by the plywood.
                              “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace” - Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X