X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• circular sander for drywall?

is it a good/bad idea to be using a circular sander (5 inch) for drywall (sanding the joint compound)? I used it attached to a vac for the dust reasons, works great for keeping the dust from floating around but im not sure if it was easier or harder than a pole sander (i was using a heavier grit on the pole sander and the circular had a 100 grit that burnt out quickly) Is a power sander recommended for this job at all?

Re: circular sander for drywall?

Don't know if it's recommended or not, but I've done it for the same reason as you.. better dust control. I always finish up with the hand/pole sander though.

Comment

that was my idea and is working out well so far. im on the 2nd coat so we'll see. the dust in a non vented small area is totally out of control and the vac works very good in this case.

Comment

Just use a damp sponge to feather and smooth it out, a light pole sand on the final skim coat only, hardly any dust to worry about. There is also a pole sander that is setup to attach to a vac, you just use the screen sandpaper on it. You will kill your ROS using it for drywall, the dust it so fine it will work its way into the bearings

Comment

Definately use the screen sandpaper and pole sander with vac hook-up.Otherwise use the standard pole sander and simply run a vac in same room with a fine dust colletor filter installed. I recomend NOT opening a window and useing a fan blowing out.Close the room off as much as possible then sand.

Comment

Working...
          X