X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Vac Pump Out

This is a small pump that fits on the drain from the Ridgid Shop Vac - allows the Shop Vac to act like a pump. Where can I find this in Canada? Home Depot does not have them yet. Thanks

Re: Wet Vac Pump Out

Sears carries them. They are under the Craftsman name
    model number 113.169520 About $39.99 usd

10gpm max height 40 feet

Cactus Man

Comment

Are you actually pumping water or just looking for a convenient way of emptying the vac?

If you're just looking to empty it, there's a hose attachment you can use. It's cheaper, but no pump.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately, Sears.com doesn;t apply in Canada! Looking to pump water up from bottom drain of wet vac. Thanks anyways!

Comment

dstar

Is it clean water or is it more like mud with small stones that you want to pump? I have some ideas, but only if it will be with clean water.

Comment

Yes, this will be for clear water. Thanks

Comment

In that case any small pump should work as long as it pumps fast enough for you. You might check out "Utility" pumps at a home center or good hardware store. You'll need to do a little plumbing work to connect it up, but I'm sure you can figure it out. Look through all their PVC fittings and ask if they have "hose barbs" where you can go from threaded pipe to your hoses. If I remember right, hose kits for small sump pumps should be helpful for this. My shop vac doesn't have a drain on the drum. The next time I'm at Home Depot, I'll take a good look. You might take the drum along (in car, but not into store) so you can check fittings to be sure they will work.

Comment

I have have been looking for "hose barbs" and have not been able to find them. Can you point me in the right direction. We use the water from our AC for some irrigation.

Comment

Can you drill a hole in the vacuum and install a drain? If you are familar with an evaporative cooler that are used on houses, they have a brass fitting that goes through the cooler that a basic garden hose hooks up to so the cooler can be drained. If you need one, i'll be happy to send you one. I have a couple in my shop for spares.

Mark
                  Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

tbascom

Try looking in the plumbing department of any major hardware store or a places like Home Depot or Lowes. What inside diameter hose do you need them for and what size pipe threads? Another place to check would be a plumbing supply house or a place that sells industrial supplies. By the way more than likely you'll need hose clamps too.

Comment

Working...
                    X