Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• josh - stinger shop Vac

hey josh,

I just discovered that the "stinger" shop vac is made by emerson tools. I searched their website but couldn't find a rating for the replacement filters (VF2000). Can you point me in the right direction?

Re: josh - stinger shop Vac

Try going to the Home Depot web site at www.homedepot.com and search for stinger. Here in the USA they show the filters and also the little vacuum cleaner. You might look in SEARS for it as they sell the same (other than looks) under the Craftsman name.

Comment

i can find the filters no problem, but not enough info on their particulate rate.

Comment

only filters i can find are for DRY,,i also need more hose havent found any yet HD here has ridge and husky only any help ??

Comment

Comp,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum!

The "Stinger" was dropped about a year or so ago from the Home Depot line of shop vacs and they now carry the "Husky"... not sure if it is also made by Emerson and just rebranded. They do take the same filter bag though, I believe... as does the 5-gal bucket vac. I believe that Sears also has a vac of this size, and that it also takes the same filter bag.

As far as specs are concerned, I don't have any... but, I have used these bags for cleaning up drywall dust and it seems to do the job.

These are however, strickly "dry"! As I recall, the owner's manual says to remove the bag for use with "wet" pickup. DON'T !!!!

I used my Stinger only once to get up a spill, removing the bag first.

What a mess it made... as it sucked the muck up into the motor cage and even blew some liquid out the exhaust. All that in a manner of a few seconds. Took me a half hour to clean up the vac and then I let it sit for a couple of days in the sun, fearing that water may have found its way up into the motor... which wouldn't be good at all.

Bottom line is if you want to have a vac for wet and dry pick-up, buy one of the larger Ridgid units that are designed for that.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

thanks CW,, i have two big units outside and the stinger is SO handy for in the house,, Ya i have been Very lucky to have just used it for damp clean up cause i didnt even read about taking the bag filter off,,, if i can find hose and parts i may make a small bucket trap to have for liquids,,, really need more hose bad

Comment

Comp,

Sorry, I forgot to mention the hose issue. You know, I ran into the same challenge and found that the hose connection is basically the same as that for many household/carpet vacs. I actually have the hose and wand from an old Hoover that I use with the Stinger... fits perfectly!

There are hose adapter too of course.

I agree with your comment regarding the convenience of the Stinger and find the smaller size perfect for carrying to the rooms outside the shop, where I might need a debris pickup and/or use with one of the sanders, where that longer "Hoover" hose comes in handy.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                Comp,

Sorry, I forgot to mention the hose issue. You know, I ran into the same challenge and found that the hose connection is basically the same as that for many household/carpet vacs. I actually have the hose and wand from an old Hoover that I use with the Stinger... fits perfectly!

There are hose adapter too of course.

I agree with your comment regarding the convenience of the Stinger and find the smaller size perfect for carrying to the rooms outside the shop, where I might need a debris pickup and/or use with one of the sanders, where that longer "Hoover" hose comes in handy.

CWS
                thanks i'll check goodwill for old hose's tommorrow,, i have a 1 1/2 gal bucket to make into a water trap,,,,,ya another project lol lol lol

Comment

CWS Wrote:

I actually have the hose and wand from an old Hoover that I use with the Stinger... fits perfectly!
                  I did the same with a hose, attachments, and wand from a Dirt Devil upright some years ago, they fit my stinger perfectly too.
                  Last edited by Bob D.; 10-14-2010, 05:54 AM.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                    CWS Wrote:

I did the same with a hose, attachments, and wand from a Dirt Devil uptight some years ago, they fit my stinger perfectly too.
                    thanks ,,found some hose's but they were to big by about a 1/8" ,,wonder how
                    much gas i'll burn running around round to find lol lol lol

Comment

You could try a wrap or two of duct tape on the undersized male ends to help get a good fit.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                        You could try a wrap or two of duct tape on the undersized male ends to help get a good fit.
                        if i make a long one to leave that way ya,,but in the house its easier to put up if they just pull apart,,and arent sticky fron the tape

Comment

Did you ever find a source for parts ?
                          pxc@aol.com

Comment

Try this:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...del=17711&blt=

The '113' prefix indicates it was made by Emerson Electric. I think it's the same vac.
                            "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
                            X