18 volt impact gun and hammer drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 volt impact gun and hammer drill

Has anyone had problems with there 18 volt impact driver of hammer drills. I own three hammer drills and one impact driver and I have been having trouble with them all. I lots of other ridgid tools and swear by them but what is with the drills. Has anyone heard of a problem with the switches? I heard that the switch shorts out the motor and ruins the battery. Thanks

Re: 18 volt impact gun and hammer drill

The Ridgid drills have had some issues for a while now. Yes the switches are a part of the problem,they have been known to damage batteries. They updated the switches not too long ago but it hasn't fixed the problem. The motor have also been known to die prematurely. About the only part of the drill that hasn't shown an obvious problem is the gearbox/clutch assembly. Best thing to do if you have a problem is take it to a service center and get it repaired.

Hope this helps
    CoMax Tools
    Authorized Ridgid Service Center

Comment

I have a 18volt drill that is about 18months old and was using it tonight and all of a sudden it went dead. Swapped batteries and it turns about a 1/8 of turn and quit again. Now batteries will not even activate charges process. Sounds like your experience. Is the warrenty 3 years on these drills. Has anyone had experience with warrenty repair or replacement?

Comment

The wtty is three years. As comax tools stated this is and ongoing problem with their drills.

Comment

The "Warranty" is three years, but if you registered your particular tools (or combo), then you will have the "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement", which will take care of any problems for "life"! This includes motors, brushes, bearings, switches, wiring, chargers, and even worn out batteries!

CWS

Comment

pawn them. go for the makita/hitachi/hilti sets. all a round a better product, see for yourself

Comment

Working...
            X