X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dust collector info

Harbor freight has a mini dust collector on sale for $80.00 dollars . Filter particles down to 35 microns, 4" inlet and out let and 914 cfm 120 volts 6.8 amps 750 watts. Any one have info on this or using one. Anyone feel free to comment.

THANKS

Re: dust collector info

In the dust world 35 microns is like the size of a grapefruit.

It's better than nothing but not enough to save your lungs.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

haha - good one bob! he is absolutely right - from the research i've done you should be aiming for 1 micron filtration or better.

Comment

I'm working on a way to mount it to a small cyclone and fit a Peterbuilt Air filter to the exhaust side to make a "portable" cyclone. Anyone out there know how small a particle diesel filters catch?
        Last edited by Roadrunner; 01-27-2007, 10:04 PM.
        Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

If it's the red colored one then I've read good things about it as far as performance is concerned. It's definitely a one machine at a time DC though. As Bob implied, an upgrade of the bag would be needed.

If it's the little green colored DC, forget about it!
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrunner View Post
            I'm working on a way to mount it to a small cyclone and fit a Peterbuilt Air filter to the exhaust side to make a "portable" cyclone. Anyone out there know how small a particle diesel filters catch?
            I believe that the diesel air filter would work great, the pleated paper element is supposed to be over 99% efficient at less than 1 micron after the filter media has an initial coating of dust. At our work we have a dust collector for collecting the abrasive grit and dust when blasting the water pipes to prepare them for pipe lining. This collector is h.e.p.a. approved and it has a big diesel air cleaner in it as the final filter. The only problem with this collector is that it weighs about 300 pounds , so we now use a big wet and dry vac with a h.e.p.a. approved filter and it works great! Hope this was helpfull Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X