X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handle Removal on Ridgid R2930 Router

Hey all. Just bought a Ridgid Router Combo not too long ago, and so far I love it. Right now Im mounting it into the router table I just built, and would like to remove the handles from the fixed base so it's easier to take in and out of the hole in the table.
    Now Im not sure if Im just stupid here, but I cant seem to get off the plastic plugs that cover what Im assuming are screws that hold the handles onto the base... Do they pop off, screw off, teleport off.... Ive tried prying with a screwdriver and have only succeeded in marring the plastic a bit... please help, haha.

Does anyone else find it amusing that the word Ridgid isn't recognized as a word by the spell checker here on the Ridgid Forum???

Re: Handle Removal on Ridgid R2930 Router

[QUOTE=uwbandman;66997]Hey all. Just bought a Ridgid Router Combo not too long ago, and so far I love it. Right now Im mounting it into the router table I just built, and would like to remove the handles from the fixed base so it's easier to take in and out of the hole in the table.
    Now Im not sure if Im just stupid here, but I cant seem to get off the plastic plugs that cover what Im assuming are screws that hold the handles onto the base... Do they pop off, screw off, teleport off.... Ive tried prying with a screwdriver and have only succeeded in marring the plastic a bit... please help, haha.

The manual that came with your router should come with a sheet of paper
    showing the break down of the parts or schematics, that should show
    the handle, the plug/cap and screw. That would of course verify that the screw is under the cap. If it were me wanting that router under the table then I would just pry that bugger off, it may look a little ugly, but you got the result you wanted

Comment

I gave up, drilled them out, and then used the hex key to remove the screw holding the handle.

DWC

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I ended up screwing into them with a woodscrew, then tried yanking on it with a pair of pliers. There was no way those were coming out by prying with a screwdriver... I ended up having to clamp the end of the screw into my bench-vise, and pull with my whole body weight!
        They're still mostly intact, so I guess I can put them back in if I really want.
        Does anyone else find it amusing that the word Ridgid isn't recognized as a word by the spell checker here on the Ridgid Forum???

Comment

lol almost seems easer to modify the table vs the router lol
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
            Exactly what I did. I had just as hard a time trying to take the handles off mine and just gave up. I ended up finding it easier to modify the table I was building to fit the base WITH the handles rather than taking them off.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
              Haha, I agree 100%... now. We'll chalk this one up as a learning experience...
              The problem is that I had already cut the phenolic plate and the hole in the table to size.... I didn't discover that my handles wouldn't fit through the hole until the first time I bolted the base to the plate and tried to slip it through...
              I thought about making the hole in the table bigger at that point, but as it turn out it's not so easy to cut the plate bigger...

Comment

I used the Mule Cab table addition to my 3650 TS, so modification was not an option. Easier to drill out the handle cover.

Comment

Working...
                X