X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts 3650 cover

Does ridgid sell a TS cover for the ts3605? I don't use the saw that much during the winter. It is kept in the garage(brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr). The ts3605 was my FIRST saw I have ever purchased. What a saw!!

Re: ts 3650 cover

Never seen a cover that is make especially for the 3650. One option to consider is using a movers blanket. Harbor Freight has one for under $10. Whatever you use, make sure that it can breath. Using something like a plastic tarp is a no no, it could trap moisture between the tarp and the saw and you'll end up with a very rusty saw.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I would recommend giving it a good cleaning with WD-40 and a green scotch-brite pad or equivalent. Wipe off the WD-40 thoroughly. Then apply some Boeshield T-9. It's available at Sears in the tool section, or on the net. It is a space age rust preventer that is used on commercial and military aircraft. After that, cover it or not - your choice.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Never seen a cover that is make especially for the 3650. One option to consider is using a movers blanket. Harbor Freight has one for under $10. Whatever you use, make sure that it can breath. Using something like a plastic tarp is a no no, it could trap moisture between the tarp and the saw and you'll end up with a very rusty saw.
        AHA!!! Thanks for the tip on the tarp no-no! I don't cover my saw, but I've used a tarp on other things with disasterous results. To keep the dust off after doing what Pops said (actually it's a good idea to do that regularly anyway), the moving blanket sounds like the right idea. As long as the mice don't get into it!!
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
        X