X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt Sander Recommendations?

I have a log home that has some staining on the interior walls, basicly the entire wall needs sanding. I want to use a belt sander, any recommendations? One aera that has me concerned are the corners, not sure how a belt sander would work there.
    Thanks

Re: Belt Sander Recommendations?

I was unable to read your post due to the font size. Something like this is preferable but by this time next year I'll probably need something like this.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

From missin44 but made bigger... BD I had trouble seeing it too, until I put in my special glasses for computer users.

I have a log home that has some staining on the interior walls, basicly the entire wall needs sanding. I want to use a belt sander, any recommendations? One aera that has me concerned are the corners, not sure how a belt sander would work there.
      Thanks

The use of tiny size fonts on here totally sucks!
      Last edited by Woussko; 01-30-2007, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I have this sander, it's tough and the removal rate is high, you'll need to practice on scrap to get a feel for it.
        It's about $225.00. I've owned the Ryobi, the Ridgid and Porter cable and I have yet to miss those tools when compared to this one.

The Bosch Difference Rugged design - Built for production sanding jobs, as well as jobsite applications Versatile - also accepts sanding frame, stand and fence (sold separately) Includes variable speed dial The 1276DVS Features Rugged design Built for production sanding jobs, as well as jobsite applications Magnesium transmission housing Reduces tool weight Adjustable front handle Folds away for close work Exclusive adjustable dust intake port Allows use of non-woven belts up to 8mm thick Replaceable wear inserts Protect housing from damage Sands flush to vertical surfaces For sanding versatility Accepts optional sanding frame, stand and fence For added versatility and accurace Lever-action belt release For quick belt relase Variable speed dial For fine finishing or fast stock removal Steel Platen Protector Pad Belt Tracking Adjustment Knob Includes Sanding Belt -- Included Dust Bag Assembly -- SA1050 Specifications Model Number 1276DVS Amperage 12.5 No Load SFPM 1,150 - 1,550 Belt Size 4 x 24 Length 13.8 Engineering Number 0601276739 Rating 120V AC Assembled In USA
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jaco; 01-30-2007, 08:06 PM.

Comment

You could always try the PC or Bosch...

Comment

My Dad got me the B&D Dragster for Christmas. Interesting thing about it is the front nose-piece can flip up to expose the top of the belt. Good for sanding in weird places. It's not the lightest thing out there, but it's a decent belt sander. Here's a link to it
            http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...ProductID=9758

Good luck. Get some before and after pics if you can!
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
              You could always try the PC or Bosch...

Smart @$$ - Make it readable

Comment

what i can read it i just need to get real close to thr screen.or is this just a litte better ? but this works best for me, sorry i could not resist lol
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
                X