X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to purchase the TS3650!!

OK, I'm ready to purchase the 3650. Does anyone know of any hot deals coming up in the near future either by Ridgid or HD? I will be taking advantage of the 10% discount for opening a new account, but just wanted to see if anyone has heard any "rumors' of rebates, etc. when purchasing the 3650.

Re: Ready to purchase the TS3650!!

Are you a Vet? If so you can get an additional discount on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and other holidays. Don't know if you can combine that with the new account discount but I think that others have been able to at times, depends on the store manager it seems.

The TS-3650 is holding its own in popularity in it's price range, and rightly so; it's a good TS for the money. I really doubt that they need to put it on sale or offer other incentives to move them.

Just make sure you get BOTH boxes -AND- before you load up inspect the boxes for any external signs of damage. If so then be sure to do an internal inspection at the store. Some recommend opening the box anyway because there have been reports of damage with no visible signs, I guess it's your call but it sure is easier to swap it out at the store than wait to you get home and have it half put together.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I second Bob's advice. I would only add from other reports to especially investigate no damage to the rails (the second longer box) or that the plastic handle on the rail is not damaged or broken.
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

The next thing to do after you get it home is sit down with the manual and read it through cover to cover. Then come back here and read the TS-3650 Assembly Tips thread and ask questions of the gang cause these guys probably have the answer.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks for the input. I will inspect the contents BEFORE I bring it home.
          Quick True Story... About two years ago I started purchasing woodworking tools ,planning on getting into this hobby in a few years. Two of the items I purchased were the Delta 28-276 bandsaw and the Dewalt DW735 planer. Both of these tools along with several others have been in my garage, in the original sealed boxes since April 2005, awaiting my woodworking shop and my '71 Chevy truck restoration to be completed.
          Well, last night I pulled the pristine, undamaged, not crushed, boxes out and started on the bandsaw first. I got the table (stand) assembled & pulled the bandsaw out of the box and installed it on the stand. I noticed a couple of small pieces bent but nothing real serious. After installing the belt I stepped back to take a break and looked the unit over . Then I saw it...the upper cast iron arm was cracked from one side to the other. I panicked!!
          Now, let me say, we keep every receipt fron 5 years back and sometimes 25 years back.
          But guess what, I spent 2 1/2 hours looking for that receipt last night and it was nowhere to be found. Well, to make a long story short, I went to Lowes this morning at 6:15 AM and talked to the manager, showed her pics of the damage and she ordered another saw for me. I could not believe it!! I just knew she was going to tell me it was between me and Delta, but she didn't. It should be in in a week.
          Now, after looking at all the reviews on the Delta saw, I'm not sure I made the right decision two years ago, but we'll see. There are some positive reviews on this saw, not many, but some nonetheless.
          Anyway, I learned my lesson...inspect the contents!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Botietruck View Post
            OK, I'm ready to purchase the 3650. Does anyone know of any hot deals coming up in the near future either by Ridgid or HD? I will be taking advantage of the 10% discount for opening a new account, but just wanted to see if anyone has heard any "rumors' of rebates, etc. when purchasing the 3650.
            I was at HD yesterday and signed up for their credit card (business rewards). I strategically spent $300, and here's what I received:

1 Hilti Impact Driver $249
            Other odds and ends totalling ~$50

10% off my total purchase
            $50 instant rebate
            $25 gift card
            5 points per dollar towards rewards

The Hilti rep told me that if I spent $300, I would get $50 off my purchase, plus an additional 10% off, and HD would send me a $25 gift card....and he didn't lie.

He sent me over to the contractor services to sign-up and everything he said came to fruition.

That deal ends today I believe, so I would buy the 3650 today if you're planning on purchasing with the hd cc.

Comment

I went to a Woodworking Show in Atlanta last weekend and Ridgid had a booth. It was all reconditioned equipment. The had a 3650 for $370. I already have one so did not pay much attention to the detail.

Mike
              Start off slow then taper off.

Comment

hey mpax356 when the wood working show was here in Indianapolis I bought one of the reconditioned units returned the first one because once I got home and opened the box it looked like it just came from a job site but the 2nd one was just fine the price here was only $339.00 they had there portable one for 309.00 then right next to it was the TS3650 for 339.00 I was like hell for 30 dollars more I could get a contractors style saw who cares if it's reconditioned but be carefull at thoes shows and check the condition of the saw before you leave the first one even had rust spots on the top but over all realy happy with the 2nd one......
                American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

Well, I did it. I'm the proud owner of a 3650. Went to HD last evening and picked it up. It took everyone on that shift to get it from the floor to the platform cart. LOL. My son and I unloaded it from my p/up. I opened the boxes and everything looks to be in great condition. No broken parts. I'll start putting it together Monday night...after I read the assembly instructions and the assembly tips thread. Can't wait!!!

Comment

I would also recommend reading the online manuel and reading the 3650 assembly tips thread.
                    SSG, U.S. Army
                    Retired
                    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Re: Proof that you are a Vet

Bob D.

What proof would you need to show to prove that you are a Vet. Would a DD214 suffice and would HD staff recognize what it is?

Comment

The DD214 has worked for me in the past. If you're active duty or a retired lifer your military ID card is actually their first choice.
                        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                          The DD214 has worked for me in the past. If you're active duty or a retired lifer your military ID card is actually their first choice.
                          Retired lifer....I choose to refer to myself as a careerist. I do have an ID card with the expiration date of indef though.
                          SSG, U.S. Army
                          Retired
                          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

No foul intended TOD. When I was in the service, USA, lifer was the term everyone used for the careerist's.
                            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Well, I finally got the saw together and made my first cut today. I cannot believe how smooth this saw is. I went through all adjustments and waxed the cast iron top. I am really pleased with it!
                              I picked up some red oak from a local wholesaler yesterday and will be starting on my first project, my future grandson's cradle.

Comment

Working...
                              X