Feck, DeWalt RO pooped out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feck, DeWalt RO pooped out

I got a DeWalt RO sander online. I have used it for a total of maybe 1 hour actual use, and yesterday I was plugging along with it and stopped to change disks. I turned it off and let it drop about four inches onto the counter, then changed the disk. It didn't turn back on after that. There was no indication of a problem before that. I tried opening the top and blowing out the area around the switch, I checked the wires I could see and they appeared okay, I even put the old disk back on and nothing worked.

Any ideas to try before taking it to be serviced? Something forehead slapping and obvious I missed maybe? I am choked with anger and despair over this. Thanks in advance guys, if anyone has some ideas it's the good folks around here.
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: Feck, DeWalt RO pooped out

well that is what you get when you but de worthless .......... haha. umm sound like a wire or power switch problem. also the brushes were still hot from use and the" 4" drop" could have made one of the break i don't think it would be much more than that.

lol i said de worthless lol
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

woodenstickers,if you nhave acsess to your brushes,one of them may be hanging up.look closely to see if they are touching the armature.if the field leads are plug in leads one may have vibrated out .just push it back in.
      A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

I finally got a chance to open it up and one of the brushes was actually cracked and broken. I am hoping hard that replacing it is the only thing that needs be done. Thanks for the advice!
        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Working...
        X