Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSUV setup

Greetings all,

I have a question for the users of the MSUV. What is the general time involved to get the saw operational from a fully folded storage position? Space saving is important to me but not if means a long setup time.

This is my first post in the forum (thanks Josh) I will be buying my 3650 tomorrow (and an MSUV if I get the answers I expect to) as the basis for my garage shop. I expect to be doing a lot of remodeling and personal construction projects. I appreciate the information I have gotten as a guest here and look forward to being a member.

Ragermack

Re: MSUV setup

After your initial setup (mounting the saw on the MSUV) it takes about 30 to 60 seconds to be operational from the storage position. HTH Jim

Comment

That is what I thought. Thanks for the response Ray

Comment

It takes me longer rolling it out of the garage than it does to set-up

i agree with Pipestone

Comment

Welcome to the forum and look forward to your future posts.

Unless you have an immediate need for one, you may just want to hold off purchasing the MSUV for a little bit. I'm not going to say for sure that this is going to happen but for the last two years anyway HD has put the MSUV on sale for $99. IIRC, last year it was in April and the year before it was in March. The sale was not an advertised sale and only lasted a few days but if you visit here often enough you should be able to find out about it, if it happens again this year.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Several of the Portland area HD stores have a sign with a posted price of $198 now on special priced at $149 which is also the online price. Do you think they still plan to drop it to $100? I can hold off a bit but I wonder if they will raise the price instead.

Comment

It has been sitting at 149 for a few months now. Like Dave said, it will probably go down soon. My store has a ton of them on order. Someone (or I) will post when it goes down.

My question is, are you buying another machine to use the MSUV for? The 3650 comes with one of the nicest stands around

Comment

Its for my MS1065 miter saw. Is this a trick question (LOL)

Ray

Comment

No its not a trick question.

Just because its made for use with a CMS doesn't mean it can't work for another tool.

Use your imagination man the sky's the limit. I purchased mine just to use with my portable planer.

For different tools you may have to mount the tool on a wider base to be able to position it in line with the rollers. I'll also be using mine with a horizontal boring machine for drilling face frames for dowels & a router powered pocket screw jig. I am sure I'll find other ways to use it before I am through.

Repeat after me back up look at things differently & say to yourself what the heck else can I do with this thing?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by VLL; 02-14-2007, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VLL View Post
                    No its not a trick question.

Just because its made for use with a CMS doesn't mean it can't work for another tool.

Use your imagination man the sky's the limit. I purchased mine just to use with my portable planer.

For different tools you may have to mount the tool on a wider base to be able to position it in line with the rollers. I'll also be using mine with a horizontal boring machine for drilling face frames for dowels & a router powered pocket screw jig. I am sure I'll find other ways to use it before I am through.

Repeat after me back up look at things differently & say to yourself what the heck else can I do with this thing?
                    VLL,

As an industrial maintenance mechanic, electrician, and now a supervisor, I have used “out of the box” solutions to many different types of problems. My imagination is in good working order.

Regarding my reply to Orange Aprons response to my post, I agree with you that the MSUV would be a great long material support for tools like planers, drills, band saws etc. However The idea of mounting a table saw like the TS 3650 on it struck me as funny.

Comment

Well what can I say he appears to be happy with it & it works for him. At least it has big wheels & rolls easy.

Comment

Just wanted to chime in and say the MSUV's are on sale now for $99. Thead here

Also to note, in my local Home Depot, there is an instant $50 discount if you purchase the MSUV and any Ridgid Miter Saw.

Kind regards,
                        -Ed

Comment

Thanks to your advice I saved my $50. The MSUV is truly a great piece of equipment. You all are right it takes longer to measure for the first cut then it does to set up the saw. Thank you guys again.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                          X