X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miter Saw Dust Collection Bag

I know some of you guys probably got have a Miter Saw with a 2 1/2" dust output like my MS1250LZ and have hooked the saw up to a fancy dust collection system. I however have not and use the small bag with the tension clip on it. It looks like this (but this has the wrong size diameter connection):

I don't have the room for a dust collection system or even the large bags I have seen that drop all the way to the floor. I am looking for a second one to use on my Table Saw which has the same 2 1/2" dust output on it. Unfortunately I have had no luck anywhere on the internet tracking one down and HD does not carry that part as a separate item.

Does anyone here have an extra they are willing to part with? Thanks!
    Little River Bed and Breakfast, Peterborough NH

Re: Miter Saw Dust Collection Bag

Doggy

Hopefully someone has one they may sell. I would try to connect the hose from your shop vac (if you have one) to the dust port. The little cloth bags really aren't that great. If you just somehow try your shop vac, even for your miter saw, you'll find it works soooo much better. Please give it a quick try.

Comment

Sadly I do not have enough power to run my Shopvac and MS or TS at the same time without popping the breaker The bag is the only way to go for me and then every few days clean up with my Shopvac.

I have read others complain that the bag doesn't do anything but I have had to empty it out on a weekly basis so it is doing something and I notice a difference in the amount of sawdust I am cleaning up when I have it connected!

Comment

If you're looking for another bag like the one that came with your MS1250LZ then the part number you need is #828045. You can buy one through M&D Mower.

Another option would be something like this.
        Last edited by BadgerDave; 02-10-2007, 05:46 PM.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Doggy,

Look at the repair sheet/parts diagram that you got with you particular saw. You should be able to identify the number of the dust bag (for my MS1065LZ, it is part number 503512000) and call Ridgid Customer Support at 1-866-539-1710, where you can get the price and delivery.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Doggy

I can feel for you about having limited power. I was in the same boat until I was able to bring out 60 Amp. 120/240 Volt power to a sub-panel. Now I'm a much more happy old howing hound here. I wish you luck upgrading your power there. Maybe for now, you could run a heavy extension cord to a receptacle that's on another circuit. That would let you run a tool and your shop vac at the same time.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. Badger, how ironic that M&D Mower is about 600 miles away from me now in Oakwood Village, OH but in December 2005 I was maybe a ten minute drive from their place!

Comment

Try this & connect your DC to it. No need for a bag.

The flaps in the back & on top are adjustable according to how you have the saw adjusted.

Oops didn't catch you don't have the power.

Oh well maybe someone can use the idea. I seems to work real good for me.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by VLL; 02-12-2007, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Buy a cheap bed sheet wrap it aroud the base of your saw and secure it I used spring clamps it will contain the dust directly under the saw and make clean up easier. I did this for my Ryobi table saw it doesn't have any dust collection. and it has wroked very well for me. at the end of the day I use the shop vac and clean up directly under the saw and I dont have dust everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X